Let's talk all terrain tires

crooks

Donating Member
Reaction score
Nitto
I liked my last set of terra grapplers now I have ridge grapplers like them even better.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
It doesn't look like the Duratracs come in the size I am looking for. I don't really want to level the front of the truck or get any spacers.

crooks

Donating Member
Reaction score
It doesn't look like the Duratracs come in the size I am looking for. I don't really want to level the front of the truck or get any spacers.
If you tow at night dont level your truck. I had to drive with just the fog lights on because the headlights blinded everyone while towing.

Rigid fog lights are better then some headlights

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue until I got Deavers +3 in the back. Then it sat nice and level with a loaded trailer and rode amazingly.

Mid perch with Deavers +3

crooks

Donating Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue until I got Deavers +3 in the back. Then it sat nice and level with a loaded trailer and rode amazingly.

Mid perch with Deavers +3

How did the deavers preform on the road unloaded?

I rarely tow. But this truck's ass steps out when it hits expansion joints on curves at +75mph. I have heard deavers might help but I dont want a harsh ride unloaded.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Fuuuuuck, that is a nice truck. I am not sure nitto makes the size I am looking for either. I will have to look into those

If you tow at night dont level your truck. I had to drive with just the fog lights on because the headlights blinded everyone while towing.

Rigid fog lights are better then some headlights
One of the cool features on this truck are the adjustable headlights from the cab. If I do tow something at night, then I can turn a little dial and bring them down to non blinding levels. The main reason I don't want to do a level is how squatty the rear end gets while towing anything, it looks really off to me. Plus, I don't want to spend any extra money right now.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
How did the deavers preform on the road unloaded?

I rarely tow. But this truck's ass steps out when it hits expansion joints on curves at +75mph. I have heard deavers might help but I dont want a harsh ride unloaded.
I loved them. I should have done them when I had 0 miles on the truck (the first one). Seriously, read the deavers threads on FRF, not one negative thing about them. If you feel the ass is too squishy, do deavers, yesterday.

If you never plan on towing, go with the +2. It'll remove the lift block but still sit at stock height and level at mid perch (do gen 2s have the perches?) with all the benefits of the deavers. They ride ever so slightly firmer but it's worth every penny.

crooks

Donating Member
Reaction score
I loved them. I should have done them when I had 0 miles on the truck (the first one). Seriously, read the deavers threads on FRF, not one negative thing about them. If you feel the ass is too squishy, do deavers, yesterday.

If you never plan on towing, go with the +2. It'll remove the lift block but still sit at stock height and level at mid perch (do gen 2s have the perches?) with all the benefits of the deavers. They ride ever so slightly firmer but it's worth every penny.
Gen 2 dont have perches. They have collars or some replacement springs came out not to long ago. I have 3" collars and the truck sits almost nose high. I looked at deavers but didnt know if I wanted +2 or +3.

I need to talk to the other guy on here with a gen 2. I think he has deavers and a new tune now. I almost want to ride in one before deciding.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
+2 for perches or collars and level, +3 for the "stock" rake except an inch or two higher and/or towing.

IZZy