Let's talk all terrain tires

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Noisy as in reference to the fact that they're All-Terrain tires. They're quieter than the others obviously, but just this genre of tire.
To be fair I've seen plenty of high end car tires with more road noise than most of the good all terrains. Most of everybody's economy line stuff sucks.

If you want somethin good and quiet that'll rot out before you wear it out Michelin has always kind of held the title with continental pretty up there as well.

There's another mild all terrain that just came to mind then general grabber apt I think it is. Coming out on some newer gm stuff and looked pretty decent with the short experience I had messing with them.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Also Toyo had big stock issues well before the big disease shortage nonsense so I wouldn't ever expect that to get any better especially where they have such a highly sought after tire as the at3 is. My advice is find a set online and grab them and have them mounted locally.

Their truck tires are equally as hard to get ahold of.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
To be fair I've seen plenty of high end car tires with more road noise than most of the good all terrains. Most of everybody's economy line stuff sucks.

If you want somethin good and quiet that'll rot out before you wear it out Michelin has always kind of held the title with continental pretty up there as well.

There's another mild all terrain that just came to mind then general grabber apt I think it is. Coming out on some newer gm stuff and looked pretty decent with the short experience I had messing with them.
That's a compound driven issue then. Just speaking a knobbier A/T's are gonna be fairly noisy in general.

Reactions: sktchy

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
did it take them this long to get back to you?

how bad are your current tires?

why not roll the dice with ordering the backorder and hoping from tirerack?

They got back to me within about 2 hours when I emailed them last week.
Current tires do not need to be replaced.
Tire rack has shown these tires as out of stock with tentative dates and/ or back ordered for a year.
I called Discount tire's 800 # to confirm stock a couple times last year, ZIP.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
They got back to me within about 2 hours when I emailed them last week.
Current tires do not need to be replaced.
Tire rack has shown these tires as out of stock with tentative dates and/ or back ordered for a year.
I called Discount tire's 800 # to confirm stock a couple times last year, ZIP.
I'm on 8 months waiting on a set of Pirelli's.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Yeah FTS
I was watching some videos on the UltraTerrains from Goodyear. Bob Kazamakis Bob Kazamakis mentioned earlier in the thread someone he knows has them.
Under $300 per tire. Not bad.
I've read they are better than the Duratracs in the snow due to compound etc.

With my luck, I will buy tires, have them mounted and the next week the Toyos will be in stock

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Yeah FTS
I was watching some videos on the UltraTerrains from Goodyear. Bob Kazamakis Bob Kazamakis mentioned earlier in the thread someone he knows has them.
Under $300 per tire. Not bad.
I've read they are better than the Duratracs in the snow due to compound etc.

With my luck, I will buy tires, have them mounted and the next week the Toyos will be in stock
An old man at my old work with a tundra had them then a friend with a new f150 got them as a recommendation from the old dude. He’s had duratracs and ko2’s and claims these have been the best for winter here and nice and quiet. He puts like 15-20k a year on his trucks too.

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I am in the market for tires for my truck. 265 70 16's. Id really like to be under $500 as I couldn't tell the difference between the $100 china tires and the "expensive" Revo3's I had on before that. But it seems tire prices have inflated since my last purchase. Even the "knockoff" tires are now ~$150 each. Looking for an AT tire as the car sees a lot of winter usage. I've always wanted some Duratrac's but im a cheap fuck. Now they are not much more than the cheapo tires I see available at $227 each so might consider some. I do see a lot for sale on the used market. Something wrong with the Duratracs?

Anything else I should be looking at?

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I am in the market for tires for my truck. 265 70 16's. Id really like to be under $500 as I couldn't tell the difference between the $100 china tires and the "expensive" Revo3's I had on before that. But it seems tire prices have inflated since my last purchase. Even the "knockoff" tires are now ~$150 each. Looking for an AT tire as the car sees a lot of winter usage. I've always wanted some Duratrac's but im a cheap fuck. Now they are not much more than the cheapo tires I see available at $227 each so might consider some. I do see a lot for sale on the used market. Something wrong with the Duratracs?

If you’re looking for cheap cheap and don’t care if they’re Chinese

eBay has some “iron man” all terrains in that size for 484.66 with free shipping.

I can’t upload a photo/screenshot for some reason.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

used?

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

Id buy used if they were in good shape and priced right. I shot this guy a $400 offer yesterday. They are $900 new and he is asking $800 with "under 1000 miles". He told me his best offer is $730 and he has gotten 1200 responses and he will get his asking price. OK dude. 1200 guys looking for this specific tire. :rofl:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
twelve hundred
I think used tires are a hard sell. I usually wouldn't waste my time with a lowball half of someones asking price but there are not 1200 people messaging him about those tires he's selling. :rofl:

I also LOL at "I just purchased this Toyota Tacoma truck with these new tires but do not need there off-road performance." Sounds like some boomer shit.

• Haha
Reactions: Yaj Yak

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
But it seems tire prices have inflated
Vince Vaughn Lol GIF by filmeditor

• Haha
Reactions: Eagle and Yaj Yak
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info