Lets talk about homeowners insurance

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I’ve not a problem with the cars with AmFam but in every car claim I’ve always dealt with our insurance guys office staff directly for all of it. Guessing that’s making the difference.
Or a body shop that does all the fighting for you. Am Fam loves to cut my labor time and use aftermarket parts, etc

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Or a body shop that does all the fighting for you. Am Fam loves to cut my labor time and use aftermarket parts, etc
That could be the case. Also I’ve always taken it to whatever body shop they recommend which has been Gerber every time so they probably have some deal with Gerber. the last time my wife was rear ended they fixed some of the car with used and aftermarket parts but it was mid pandemic and parts were back ordered for months and it’s just a dead nuts base model 2013 Traverse with 0 options so no fucks given.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I called Erie insurance for a quote and when i got to the question of “ hey do you offer cash value or replacement cost of let’s say a roof.” The lady was like ummmyeah umm yah know with depreciation and the current condition of the roof we would have to look at that.

K thanks bye

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Had a hail storm around 2012 and my roof was wrecked. State Farm denied me and we went into arrbitration and we got like $800 for a complete reroof. My nieghbor directly next to me and directly across the street got thier roof replaced no questions asked with Allstate. Fuck State Farm.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Had a hail storm around 2012 and my roof was wrecked. State Farm denied me and we went into arrbitration and we got like $800 for a complete reroof. My nieghbor directly next to me and directly across the street got thier roof replaced no questions asked with Allstate. Fuck State Farm.
welcome to hell swerk GIF

cannot wait to ditch them.

Reactions: cdh027

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Pretty sure I mentioned in this thread or another similar thread. Buddy of mine had the same exact issue but I think his was wind damage.
State Farm denied him but others on his block got new roofs. He battled them for 1-1.5yrs and the contractor he was using really did most of the leg work.
He just got a new roof 2 months ago. He gave the contractor dude a $250 gift card to take his Wife out to dinner. He asked the contractor dude, why did you go above and beyond for me knowing your not getting any additional money for the time spent over the last year. He said he hates State Farm because they do that often and when they deny someone he goes all out to try and get them approved lol.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Pretty sure I mentioned in this thread or another similar thread. Buddy of mine had the same exact issue but I think his was wind damage.
State Farm denied him but others on his block got new roofs. He battled them for 1-1.5yrs and the contractor he was using really did most of the leg work.
He just got a new roof 2 months ago. He gave the contractor dude a $250 gift card to take his Wife out to dinner. He asked the contractor dude, why did you go above and beyond for me knowing your not getting any additional money for the time spent over the last year. He said he hates State Farm because they do that often and when they deny someone he goes all out to try and get them approved lol.

that's where i'm at. been fighting since september last year, and still fighting currently. it's batshit.

my PA and every contractor i talk to despises STF with all their might.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go

$800 that’s bull shit I had to fight with All State for over 2 years to finally get my roof I think they got sick of me complaining.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info