Lets talk about homeowners insurance

OP
smug

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
Reaction score
Yeah pick the one that you feel most confident can negotiate and push the insurance company to pay up
That’s the route that I initially took with the roofer and that didn’t pan out. The roofer I have known for years and he had done work on my parents house through insurance and no issues.

IZZy

Powered by ES
Reaction score
That’s the route that I initially took with the roofer and that didn’t pan out. The roofer I have known for years and he had done work on my parents house through insurance and no issues.
Gotta find the one that is good a getting insurance to pay, your guy does good work I’m sure but gotta find the contractor that has connections.

I had the something similar happen and insurance was trying to deny it, pushed for a second inspection and my guy actually knew the adjuster, boom 50k roof was approved.

a lot of these people in the biz know each other and it’s all about who you know justlike any other industry.

OP
smug

smug

Reaction score
We are getting a second inspection done. Long story short my wife flew off the handle on State Farm and the adjuster today. The adjuster left me a voicemail saying that “Mrs. Erickson doesn’t want me in your home. And I have to respect that.” So now we push for a second inspection with another adjuster

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
We are getting a second inspection done. Long story short my wife flew off the handle on State Farm and the adjuster today. The adjuster left me a voicemail saying that “Mrs. Erickson doesn’t want me in your home. And I have to respect that.” So now we push for a second inspection with another adjuster
I went thru like 6 inspections and like 15 canceled inspections

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
We had a contractor canvassing the neighborhood years ago. They asked us if we wanted a free inspection, I figured, what the hell. They took care of everything with State Farm and had the siding replaced in a couple weeks.

The company was ARC Restoration. I would have given them a 5 star rating, but some fucking moron put siding over our laundry vent and made a huge mess in the drop ceiling. It could have caused a huge fire.

OP
smug

smug

Reaction score
Forgot to mention. I called the agent today and we talked about the roof again that State Farm is just refusing to repair or replace. I told them that I want a note in my file signed by you and me that if my roof leaks again and I have to make another claim, it’s not my fault. It’s your fault because the problem is in fact from the June 26th date of loss and State Farm is not paying to fix the problem. The adjuster said ummmm I have to make a phone call on that. I’ll be in contact with you soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom