v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I need a new ins co what are u guys recommending? No Allstate or state farm
I don't have any experience with it yet, but I got pissed at Allstate after our first and hopefully last claim with Allstate. A couple contractors both highly recommended dropping them and not necessarily switching to a certain company. There's a local broker who supposedly knows how to get you the best coverage without spending nearly as much as Allstate or State Farm. It sounds like the small guys are the best guys.

Sorry if that's worthless, but it sounds like most people around here have Indiana Farmers or Farm Bureau and actually like it. If anything you should get much quicker response from a smaller outfit in the event of a claim.

I too will be curious about what others have to say.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
My father in law/brother in law work for country, not that I am expecting you to go with them because every month I feel like I am getting ass rapped by my in laws. But I will say i know claims will be easy for me.... that doesn't help you. But just letting you know they all suck!

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I’ve always had American family through a local agent. Family too. Put in a claim for the flat roof and skylight damage and they replaced everything. Not a single issue with the insurance. They paid for Both skylights, which are commercial ones for some reason and installed on a flat roof section, and the entire shingled roof and some gutters. I paid out of pocket to have all the rest of the gutters and gutter guards. $28k was the total claim. ? I’ve heard people say their automotive insurance is trash but I’ve not had an issue with the cars but we have shitty old cars ?

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Got an online quote travlers was 400 more for my house and 200 every 6 months more for my cars, going to have to stick to Allstate

My online quote my car came back approved and 6 mos price was correct. Now my house said to call the 1888# and we compared policys and asked me a bunch of questions and at the end he got it approved. I knew it would be difficult since I had a new roof installed 2 years ago.

Reactions: 1quick

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Just changed over to travelers insurance from Allstate

Apples to apples same coverages

Saved on the house $907 yearly

On the GT500 I saved $179 every 6 mos.
We have had Travelers the last 5yrs I think. They have been solid for us.
Hail storm a few years back, I think between 3 vehicles and our house, garage, shed, pool, and gazebo we had $50k-$60k total in damages.
No issues at all with the claim and our rates did go up, but not much at all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info