Gary101386

Just a GT...
Jan 2, 2007
2009 HD Sporty XL1200C
Harley.jpg

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
I never took pics of my first bike, but it looks similar to this one. Mine was all white, 79 GS850g shaft driven, cafe fairing, drag bars, front lowered an inch via forks pulled up in the triple, Kerker megaphone drag exhaust.

15308_0_1_2_gs%20850%20g_Image%20credits%20-%20Loggies.jpg

Here's my second bike. I miss it a lot. 94 FZR600R, everything purple I had powder coated, V&H full Super Sport exhaust (baffle removed), ignition advancer, Lockhart Phillips screen, fender eliminator

Fizzer2.jpg

Fizzer1.jpg

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

Wheelhorse93

American Hero
Nov 9, 2010
i think your crash bars and primary disagree with that

Na, I don't think so. If you study someone such as Lee Parks and take a few advanced rider classes, you will notice his as well as others (professionals) bodies hang a lot further off of the bike than mine is depicted here. My position is weak at best.

The idea is to have your body soak up more of the lean angle that the bike; allowing a reserve in case you happen upon a decreasing radius. I lost a friend to a decreasing radius turn...ran out of lean angle. If your pegs are already scraping, then you need to hang further off of the seat in order to gain back some reserve.

The photos above were taken towards the beginning of the class I was going through, and I can certainly point out a lot of my mistakes...that was the idea behind the photo. Unfortunately, I never was able to acquire any after I started to correct my body position on the motorcycle.

My hips should be turned further out along with my head, I should be at the very least another 8" over towards the inside of the turn, and my heel should have been up against the shifter cover with my toes pointed straight into the turn.

Here you can see me "starting to correct the situation", but my heel angle was terrible. If you take note that my behind is almost all the way off of the seat, but the hips are still rotated incorrectly which was partly prohibited by the terrible ankle/heel angle.

TotalControl2010079.jpg

This was my peg after the class

PICT1123.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info