🔧 BUILD "Let's ruin an SVO!" build

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Folvos are neat. I sold a B234 head to a Ford guy once, but never saw anything come of it. I look forward to seeing your progress! This will be fun.

Years ago when I read into it, it sounded like a far more complex swap. Welding a block to the back of the head and then milling it flat, etc. Then somebody figured out that you can just plug a couple oil returns and I think a water passage in the back of the block, feed the cam towers with an external line, and you're pretty much good to go. And Stinger sells 2.3 pistons that are custom spec'd for the b234 head. So, all in all, it's a pretty straight forward swap, especially since I know a very good engine builder who is willing to play around with unorthodox setups.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Years ago when I read into it, it sounded like a far more complex swap. Welding a block to the back of the head and then milling it flat, etc. Then somebody figured out that you can just plug a couple oil returns and I think a water passage in the back of the block, feed the cam towers with an external line, and you're pretty much good to go. And Stinger sells 2.3 pistons that are custom spec'd for the b234 head. So, all in all, it's a pretty straight forward swap, especially since I know a very good engine builder who is willing to play around with unorthodox setups.
That's pretty epic honestly. Who would have thought you could bolt a (pre-Ford) Volvo head to a (pre-Volvo) Ford block? lmao In Fords or Volvo cars from the last 15 years I'd say "meh" but this is really cool.

In the Volvo community there's a ghetto rigged rental tool made out of a cut up B230F head. The valves are replaced with fly cut blades, so you just use your best judgement on how much to cut out of your stock pistons while they're still in the block. lol I've always kinda wanted to do it. At the same time, I'm kinda all-in on my V6 stuff. I'd rather not start messing Volvo engines and needing a whole other room for parts storage. :LOL: Good luck! I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info