Lets play the fuel game

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Borrowed a PT for the time being so I can scan and fix the issues my car has.

Scanned yesterday and saw my IPWs are maxed at 16.4 or whatever they max at. The PCM is constantly adding fuel. My thoughts are a leaky/blown injector, fuel pump again, or fuel filter.

Ive checked the injectors and no fuel coming out or puddles anywhere in the bay. So a leak is out.

I replaced the pump last year, but it was with another 97 unit from Morad. The thing still runs and I can hear it in high constantly.

I imagine it could, but would a filter really be that bad to jack your trims that much? IIRC syp said the size is a 20mm to get it off, so Id probably just get a cheap set of flair wrenches to do this. More excuse to buy tools. :rofl:

Any other opinions?

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
You mean your trims are maxed?

Fuel filter isn't a bad idea to change, but I doubt that's your problem. A leaky injector would make you run rich, so that's out.

Fuel pump could be the problem, but I would check pressure at the rail first. I also doubt if the car is running that it would be so weak as to not provide enough fuel for idle if the car drives ok. So the pump is a long shot.

I'd look at PCV, then all the vac hose routing. Then check for vac leaks in other places. You can pull the maf connector to see if the trims improve, but that's also a long shot.

Most likely you have a vac leak somwhere.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ill check the vac lines. I havent touched the thing all year. So I havent been tinkering at all.

The PCV could be changed as well. Its a cheap part and right there.

The car runs fine. Idles fine. Gets knock on a roll with stock timing and stock sized pulley. WOT from a stop shows no knock.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
*update*

Was bored so I actually popped the hood for the first time in months. Checked all the vac lines, FPR, the line under the blower, all the way around. Checked my DTCs on my scanmaster on the way to work, and the lean code was gone. Now all I have left is EVAP and that little sucker will be deleted by the nights end.

I should probably rescan and see whats going on now. I know for sure my NB O2s are bouncing all over the place again like they should.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info