Lets find me a new daily

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
I don’t know how GM’s factory Nav is, but CarPlay/android auto pretty much makes any factory navigation obsolete. I have nav in my GTI and I’ve never used it.
Well it has Android Auto and Car Play in the normal 8" stereo (IO5) and the premium Bose stereo (IO6). What I liked about the factory nav was that you can send the info to the screen in the cluster and leave the stereo on audio stuff or whatever else. I am not sure if that is possible with Android Auto or not since I didn't connect my phone. Like I said I can add the Nav since its just a module. I would be missing the center channel speaker but I dont care about that at all.

Reactions: DanJ

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
i use CarPlay in my truck. There is 0 need for a separate navigation and garbage entertainment systems.
Sound like the guy at my work (who has a Colorado as a work truck), CAR PLAY IS THE BEST EVER!!! :p But for real, I am sure CarPlay and/or Android Auto are better. I also have a really nice Garmin unit that I prefer to my phone currently. The main thing I liked was that it would share the navigation info to the cluster screen. Maybe it can also do that with either phone integration, but I never tried it so I am not sure.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Sound like the guy at my work (who has a Colorado as a work truck), CAR PLAY IS THE BEST EVER!!! :p But for real, I am sure CarPlay and/or Android Auto are better. I also have a really nice Garmin unit that I prefer to my phone currently. The main thing I liked was that it would share the navigation info to the cluster screen. Maybe it can also do that with either phone integration, but I never tried it so I am not sure.

I believe CarPlay/AA navigation can be forwarded to the drivers cluster...

Reactions: Broke EF

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
The search is over!!

20200226_085710-X4.jpg
20200226_111753-X4.jpg

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
Be prepared for 80 dollar oil changes. those things take Dexos2
Thanks for this valuable information AFTER I already bought it :LOL::LOL:

I already knew oil changes would be more, and fuel filters etc. I am not too worried about that kind of stuff, every car has maintenance. The accord probably wasn't that far behind with how much oil it consumed / leaked.

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Coupe FTW!

Truck update. I found a nice black GMC. Not 100% optioned how I want, but it has the things I cant change in it so I could work with it. The price was a little high, so I told the guy that and said just let me know what you could do. He responded back that its diesel

So I kindly told him that I was already almost locked into a truck that was the same configuration, better optioned, and certified pre owned for about $6,000 less. He then came back (after a while) with a not terrible price. Its a GMC so I know the prices run higher. Its also less miles which bumps it up. I think it would put me slightly over what I wanted for a payment, but lower miles and GMC??? Not sure if I should pursue it, or hope something optioned out how I want comes up for a better price. I guess I should say I think all this one is missing is the factory Navigation, and a spray in bed liner. Those are about $1000 to take care of myself after purchase.

honestly man, i dont know if this one has a bedliner or not already... but im hardcore #teambedrug and i think EmersonHart13 EmersonHart13 is.

two trucks ago had one, then i had a spray in in my "big truck", now i have a factory spray in, but luckily bedrug makes a rug for my spray in now... it's just fucking awesome.

they shouldn't be called a "rug" since that sells them short.... because it's really not.

I don’t know how GM’s factory Nav is, but CarPlay/android auto pretty much makes any factory navigation obsolete. I have nav in my GTI and I’ve never used it.

I catch hate for this, but I don't love android auto.

Truth be told, my truck has nearly 10,000 miles on it, and ive yet to try android auto in it... :rofl:

the factory nav works ridiculously well, and if i need google maps, i just set my phone on the wireless charger and have it running.

The search is over!!

20200226_085710-X4.jpg
20200226_111753-X4.jpg

loooks great man! big boy bed too :fyws:

that's a pricey ass bedcover, nice addition to have that already.

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
How sure are we about that $80 change?

$22.68

$15.96

Plus it needs another quart of oil, and if we divide another 5 quart jug among 5 oil changes that adds $4.54. Grand total of $43.18 which is only $3.05 more than I spent on my last oil change.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
How sure are we about that $80 change?

$22.68

$15.96

Plus it needs another quart of oil, and if we divide another 5 quart jug among 5 oil changes that adds $4.54. Grand total of $43.18 which is only $3.05 more than I spent on my last oil change.

i mean it's once every what, 8-9k miles likely? fuck it. the additional MPGGGGEEEEs youre going to get likely negates it. :dunno:

Reactions: Broke EF

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
honestly man, i dont know if this one has a bedliner or not already... but im hardcore #teambedrug and i think EmersonHart13 EmersonHart13 is.

two trucks ago had one, then i had a spray in in my "big truck", now i have a factory spray in, but luckily bedrug makes a rug for my spray in now... it's just fucking awesome.

they shouldn't be called a "rug" since that sells them short.... because it's really not.

I catch hate for this, but I don't love android auto.

Truth be told, my truck has nearly 10,000 miles on it, and ive yet to try android auto in it... :rofl:

the factory nav works ridiculously well, and if i need google maps, i just set my phone on the wireless charger and have it running.

loooks great man! big boy bed too :fyws:

that's a pricey ass bedcover, nice addition to have that already.

I am intrigued by the bed rug. My wife saw a display of one at one of the dealers and was confused why you would do it. I said that someone from here (Emerson) has one and loves it. Maybe I will do a DIY spray in liner and then throw in a bed rug? More research is needed.

Android auto is fine, but I like just having bluetooth pair when I start up. I think I will upgrade it to the factory nav, because it also doesn't move android auto to the cluster. I dont like the maps taking over my screen, just a weird thing I guess.

The bed cover is awesome! I am not sure if its the aluminum one or not, but regardless they are expensive as fuck so I am happy its already on it. I am only concerned with how my ATV will fit in the bed with it, but should probably be fine.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I am intrigued by the bed rug. My wife saw a display of one at one of the dealers and was confused why you would do it. I said that someone from here (Emerson) has one and loves it. Maybe I will do a DIY spray in liner and then throw in a bed rug? More research is needed.

Android auto is fine, but I like just having bluetooth pair when I start up. I think I will upgrade it to the factory nav, because it also doesn't move android auto to the cluster. I dont like the maps taking over my screen, just a weird thing I guess.

The bed cover is awesome! I am not sure if its the aluminum one or not, but regardless they are expensive as fuck so I am happy its already on it. I am only concerned with how my ATV will fit in the bed with it, but should probably be fine.

it's plastic so it's fine to get wet, dirty, whatever. i had a gallon of paint spill open on mine in my 07 sierra and it came right out.

crawling into the bed to grab anything is easy, i also like that it makes the bed perfectly flat because it fills in the ridges on the bed floor.

yeah. huge fan.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info