đź’¦ Detailing Let’s talk sealants.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
I’ve used chemical guys/Wolfgang/menzerna ect and by far, I always go back to Menzerna. Stuff is amazing. It’s the best polishing sealant I’ve ever used. I know lighting is different but the best example I have is the headlights before and after. Went from slightly cloudy to brand new. It also comes off easier than anything I’ve used. Wolfgang worked very well but didn’t make the car pop like my go to-Menzerna. I’m all ears for input from more experienced people.

Headlight before in first pic , note the corner towards the fender.

headlight after in 2nd

D9FD2FE4-16E7-45E7-8F12-FFB7D35DE65E.png

95E2123D-2627-4598-90FD-7A0B971B9950.png

6E0CC572-9558-49A5-AD94-E5E9479C9E27.jpeg

Reactions: m_dogg

Bird1989

Regular
Dec 24, 2015
Menzerna Powerlock switched manufactures to Jescar and to me it just isn't the same as the original Menzerna product. I really like Colonite 845 on lighter colored vehicles just because how quick I can work with it. I've been meaning to pick up the new Meguiars sealant to see how it is.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I’ve used 845 a lot, Wolfgang DGPS 3.0, Jescar power lock, and power lock with 845 over it. Wasn’t really wowed by the 845 over the power lock as far as added depth or durability vs. the extra work it took. I’m probably going to try the Wolfgang again this year.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Menzerna Powerlock switched manufactures to Jescar and to me it just isn't the same as the original Menzerna product. I really like Colonite 845 on lighter colored vehicles just because how quick I can work with it. I've been meaning to pick up the new Meguiars sealant to see how it is.

What's their new sealant?

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Isn't Jescar the "US" branded Menzerna ? I always thought the Powerlock was the same across both "brands."

I recently applied WG to IceCreamAssassin IceCreamAssassin 's Skyline and I thought it looked great.
I have used Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax on a white charger 2 years in a row. Looks pretty good as well. Clearkote shut down their website but I came across a few bottles on Ebay.

At the end of the day, polishing is what brings out the color ( light or dark ) the wax / sealant / etc just adds to it.

Bird1989

Regular
Dec 24, 2015
Isn't Jescar the "US" branded Menzerna ? I always thought the Powerlock was the same across both "brands."

I recently applied WG to IceCreamAssassin IceCreamAssassin 's Skyline and I thought it looked great.
I have used Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax on a white charger 2 years in a row. Looks pretty good as well. Clearkote shut down their website but I came across a few bottles on Ebay.

At the end of the day, polishing is what brings out the color ( light or dark ) the wax / sealant / etc just adds to it.

I believe you are correct. Idk why but we had issues with Jescar branded powerlock vs Menzerna branded and I have no clue why. Jescar removed terribly compared to Menzerna no matter how it was applied.

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info