Let’s not forget who voted to raise our taxes in Illinois.

SMRTSS1

Reaction score
November is coming, let’s not forget all those responsible politicians that voted to raise our taxes with no budget and no plan to fix our state.

I’m all for paying a little extra to get something back in return but the state is in shambles, our infrastructure is failing and there seems to be no end in sight for our politicians spending while taxing us into poverty. If it continues the only people that will be living in Illinois will be welfare recipients and politicians.

For those that care the NRA has a listing of what politicians are for and against the 2A at NRAPVF.org or find an October 2018 copy of Shooting Illustrated.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Id like to mtfo of Illinois

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Reaction score
fuck em all. Nobody is going to fix shit around here.

Aircal

Reaction score
Thankfully JD is going after the Billionaires to make them pay their far share.......

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

I've asked this about a dozen times here and other forums, and have never gotten a single reply.

Give me an intelligent reason why I should vote for a liberal??
Why a welfare whore should sit on their fat lazy ass generation after generation
and get a check paid for by the tax payers when they never work a day in their life??
Why does the government owe anyone something they haven't earned them self??
Why the government owes anyone a free phone they haven't earned??
Why the government owes anyone free babysitting, free transportation, free food,
free housing, free utilities etc etc they didn't earn them self??

I know I'm not the smartest man in the world, but I can't for the life of me think of a logical,
intelligent reason why the government must be everyone's sugar daddy, babysitter, piggy bank???
Explain it to me, I'll listen.

Shawn1112

Donating Member
Reaction score

I've asked this about a dozen times here and other forums, and have never gotten a single reply.

Why a welfare whore should sit on their fat lazy ass generation after generation
and get a check paid for by the tax payers when they never work a day in their life??
Why the government owes anyone free babysitting, free transportation, free food,

I know I'm not the smartest man in the world, but I can't for the life of me think of a logical,
intelligent reason why the government must be everyone's sugar daddy, babysitter, piggy bank???

Because America lol

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
Thankfully JD is going after the Billionaires to make them pay their far share.......
Fuck Illinois. Only around here can someone caught red-handed committing fraud for the intent of tax evasion run for Governor....and do quite well in the polls!
It's like it's almost a job prerequisite for office to be a criminal.

I just picked up a nice place over the border of Indiana, moving in shortly.
Last time I'll vote in Illinois which can mean only one thing - the NEXT vote I cast after that might actually be statistically worth a sh!t.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
Dont fool yourself. They have always never been worth a shit.

Aircal

Reaction score

Because there are actual people that do need help out there. Would you really let a 2 year old starve to death because their parents are a total POS ?
What about the mother who's husband beats her, and or their kids that has to escape? Yes there is probably more abuse out there than people who really need help, but, we can't turn our backs on everyone because of the bad ones. So that is why you need a few liberals to keep a check and balance in the system. A few....not a majority .......lol

kyesburrell

*It's Totally Kyle*
Reaction score
Because there are actual people that do need help out there. Would you really let a 2 year old starve to death because their parents are a total POS ?
What about the mother who's husband beats her, and or their kids that has to escape? Yes there is probably more abuse out there than people who really need help, but, we can't turn our backs on everyone because of the bad ones. So that is why you need a few liberals to keep a check and balance in the system. A few....not a majority .......lol
Yeah, the democratic party (in general) is the party for the disenfranchised (blacks,gays,hispanics,etc.) Which i guess is good, to have someone looking out for them. However, take african americans, the left tells them that conservatives are racist, or out to get them, gonna took their jerbs, etc...
It gets to the point where its in democrats best interest to keep african americans down, cuz then they'll keep voting (D).

Aircal

Reaction score
It was also always my opinion which like assholes we all have, that when your younger you feel like you need to save the world and lean more towards the democratic side. But, as you get older and raise kids and have a house and car payments you start to care more about holding onto your money. Which tends to lean you towards the Republicans side.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
Reaction score

Not only that but what percentage of the budget is going to "welfare whores" or just welfare programs in general? I think it's rather small.

It's a straw man argument. Of course nobody, not even most liberals, wants a "welfare whore" to sit and collect a check with the intention of doing no work but who says that's where the budget is going? I don't want oil companies that make billions of dollars to get tax subsidies but I'm not going to sit here and pretend like that lost tax revenue makes up a substantial amount of the budget. You're either intentionally presenting a straw man argument or you're just mad about an unrelated issue and somehow seem to think it plays into the budget in a larger way than it does.

So to answer your question... The reason people aren't giving you answers on forums is because the question you're asking is largely irrelevant.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score

This is from Politifact, not that I hold them in especially high regard but yeah a huge portion of our budget goes to social programs. What's really bothersome is no one is talking about Medicare being bankrupt by ~2035.

Ron Vogel

Reaction score

IL spent about 6% of the total budget on Welfare

21% went to Pensions

Probably the largest portion of anything is healthcare. IL has an excellent healthcare program though. I haven't paid for insurance since 2006...and have excellent coverage. You have to meet certain criteria; namely income per dependents. The last job I had to pay for insurance was $1600 a month, so it was a welcome relief that All Kids covered is available. No Copay, no ER charge, free prescriptions...yadda yadda. The Dental sucks, and they only cover glasses every two years, but thats the worst of it.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score
Because there are actual people that do need help out there.
Would you really let a 2 year old starve to death because their parents are a total POS ?
What about the mother who's husband beats her, and or their kids that has to escape?
Yes there is probably more abuse out there than people who really need help,
but, we can't turn our backs on everyone because of the bad ones.
So that is why you need a few liberals to keep a check and balance in the system.
A few....not a majority .......lol

Good answer, I appreciate your time & thoughts.

Follow up ??
What kind of logic or rational thinking is it to enable & reward that POS mother for getting knocked up
when she has absolutely zero ability to support that child???
I can not think of an intelligent answer for handing that POS mother a check for the next 18 years!!

If the majority want to offer "EMERGENCY" services that are there for temporary issues, I can see that being needed.
You just don't reward a POS for being a POS, there is no intelligent reason for that.
You take that kid away, you do not reward a POS in any way, EVER.
We don't negotiate with terrorists, unless you are obama, and you don't reward a POS LOSER!!!!

Now, why is it the governments job to even offer these emergency services???
Why do we give charities tax exempt status if they aren't doing their job???
Why aren't these people begging their church for help, they take in unbelievable amount of dough and they don't pay taxes either!!!!
How many of these churches have mansions, jets, vacation homes, and millions & millions of dollars in their pocket!!!!

Again, if the majority want to offer emergency services, so be it, but a check for life for being a POS lazy leech is insane!!!

A national emergency is a "NATIONAL" emergency, and only the government is big enough, organized enough to handle it.

I also don't give a damn if these welfare whores only account for .00000000000000001% of the budget.
People should not have to go to work, bust their ass, work 2 jobs, sacrifice, go with out necessities,
knowing some of their tax dollars are being pissed away on POS welfare whores & able body leeches!!!!
They also shouldn't have to hear their tax dollars are being pissed away on $198 hammers, and $24,000 ice boxes!!!!
Don't get me started on bridges to no where that only 6 people need and air ports that only have 4 flights a week!!!!

liberals love spending other peoples money like it grows on trees.
Any & every vote getting scheme they can think of, they spend spend spend.
Obviously many of the COnservatives are POS con men that waste other peoples money,
but if you pay attention, nothing like the liberals do, not even close!!!

Just look at an Illinois Governors campaign ad.
The liberal is promising to spend more in every one,
the COnservative is promising to fix the problems, control spending.
The liberal lady is whining that her free baby sitting was canceled.
Well guess what lady, who in the hell said you deserve free anything, especially free baby sitting???

Tax dollars are not grown on trees, tax dollars are earned by us busting our ass, and the government taking them!!!

How about all of these politicians think about OUR money like they had to go out & earn it,
instead of like our pockets are their personally piggy bank & get re-elected fund!!!!

This is a video I watched this morning while I was studying for another forum reply.
It is despicable, especially the part that a city council guy makes more money than a US Senator,
and they get a free all expense paid vehicle!!!
Guess who voted for that????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn1fxChSbYk

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
We almost need a list of all the bad people and all the good people.

I obviously know some of the big players, but I often don't pay attention to the little races.

jason05gt

Reaction score
IL spent about 6% of the total budget on Welfare

21% went to Pensions

Probably the largest portion of anything is healthcare. IL has an excellent healthcare program though. I haven't paid for insurance since 2006...and have excellent coverage. You have to meet certain criteria; namely income per dependents. The last job I had to pay for insurance was $1600 a month, so it was a welcome relief that All Kids covered is available. No Copay, no ER charge, free prescriptions...yadda yadda. The Dental sucks, and they only cover glasses every two years, but thats the worst of it.

Pensions are one of the top line items within the budget.

What I don't understand is why the politicians aren't floating the ideas of taxing public pensions. It seems like the Democrats love to tax, so this should be right up their alley.

The Illinois Constitution literally makes pension reform improbable without a constitutional convention and changing that particular clause (good luck!), the only viable solution is to tax public pensions!

jason05gt

Reaction score
Because they buy the union members' votes by handing them the crazy pensions, etc.
True, but even the Dems were on board with Governor Quinn's pension reforms.

Another thing you don't hear about much anymore is Term Limits. Rauner ran on term limits as his platform and the Republicans seem to have given up on passing legislation that limits terms.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why the politicians aren't floating the ideas of taxing public pensions. It seems like the Democrats love to tax, so this should be right up their alley.
Why would dems tax their biggest voting block?

Oh.

lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom