• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

LED Headlights

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
[MENTION=8029]BeerOrGasoline[/MENTION] or anyone else who haz, I was given a set for my low beams on my Silverado, I don't have the box in front of me but they have the large heat sinks and cooling fans, swapping these into GM trucks can I safely leave the dust caps off??? or should I still a few holes for air flow?? or just sell em lol. the light out put is pretty bad ass on my brothers truck but I'm not sure I agree with his theory of putting the dust covers on and hoping for the best
3ffb54411e6ac65b4fabe3c5c8b1440b.jpg
583d9d60aa9746c8040c5dc40e59a8a1.jpg

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
I roasted one, got sent a replacement & never reinstalled because I ended up getting a sick deal on the OEM Ford LED lights.

The kits the guy sells I bought from & was happy with had enlarged dust caps for the F150s & also offered a ballast relocation kit to move the ballast outside of the housing as to not add extra heat to the scenario.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Marco, which kit are you looking at and which headlight design do you have? I wanted to get LED's for my low beams, but the headlight assembly makes this look difficult to do with the Limited's design.

I have the quad setup I believe they call it. Not to super fancy ones.
I looked at this kit to replace the whole headlight:
2009-2017 Dodge Ram Sinister Black Halo LED Headlights 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 | eBay

or

OPT7 LED Headlights.
These will fit in the stock housing.
There is a youtube video that walks you through doing it.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
I've been running them for about a week now, my brother has had em for a few weeks, no adverse affects yet. the dust covers are cool and the light output is pretty fantastic.

How bad was the install? Do you have the projectors stock? The light output sucks in stock form. Looking to brighten up the path a bit without the blue HID Bulbs and ballasts. I really like the Ford stock lights but unfortunately GM didn't offer such a thing in 2015.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info