LED Headlights

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
[MENTION=8029]BeerOrGasoline[/MENTION] or anyone else who haz, I was given a set for my low beams on my Silverado, I don't have the box in front of me but they have the large heat sinks and cooling fans, swapping these into GM trucks can I safely leave the dust caps off??? or should I still a few holes for air flow?? or just sell em lol. the light out put is pretty bad ass on my brothers truck but I'm not sure I agree with his theory of putting the dust covers on and hoping for the best

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Reaction score
I roasted one, got sent a replacement & never reinstalled because I ended up getting a sick deal on the OEM Ford LED lights.

The kits the guy sells I bought from & was happy with had enlarged dust caps for the F150s & also offered a ballast relocation kit to move the ballast outside of the housing as to not add extra heat to the scenario.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
but yours are still sealed in the dust cap? there's no vent holes to allow heat to escape?

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Reaction score
That is correct. Some people add a small hole on the bottom (yes, heat rises, I know) but the concern is water going in vs heat going out

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
Reaction score
I've been looking at these for my RAM. $200 I feel isn't bad. I also want to do the fog lights. My only other thought is to replace with a nice set of projectors. A bit more money but the look of them is nice.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Marco, which kit are you looking at and which headlight design do you have? I wanted to get LED's for my low beams, but the headlight assembly makes this look difficult to do with the Limited's design.

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
Marco, which kit are you looking at and which headlight design do you have? I wanted to get LED's for my low beams, but the headlight assembly makes this look difficult to do with the Limited's design.
I was looking at pictures of guys having their headlight housings in their kitchen ovens :rofl: where there is a will, there is a way.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
Reaction score
I have the quad setup I believe they call it. Not to super fancy ones.
I looked at this kit to replace the whole headlight:
2009-2017 Dodge Ram Sinister Black Halo LED Headlights 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 | eBay

or

OPT7 LED Headlights.
These will fit in the stock housing.
There is a youtube video that walks you through doing it.

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
Luckily my '12 set is compatible with '16 so installing soon, installation is plugging in the factory wiring harness

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Reaction score
[MENTION=10343]Bub[/MENTION] did you install them? Reading a lot of info on these and the results don't seem to good. Let me know how it goes.

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
I've been running them for about a week now, my brother has had em for a few weeks, no adverse affects yet. the dust covers are cool and the light output is pretty fantastic.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Reaction score
I've been running them for about a week now, my brother has had em for a few weeks, no adverse affects yet. the dust covers are cool and the light output is pretty fantastic.
How bad was the install? Do you have the projectors stock? The light output sucks in stock form. Looking to brighten up the path a bit without the blue HID Bulbs and ballasts. I really like the Ford stock lights but unfortunately GM didn't offer such a thing in 2015.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom