• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Learn me on C4 Corvettes

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I have an opportunity to pick up a new project car. Its a C4 vette convertable (not sure what year yet). its missing a lot of the interior, but it has the full powertrain. I'm not sure if it runs or not, but I think a lot of the wiring is ripped out. Its a project by every sense of the word, but the guy doesn't want a lot for it. Its an AZ car so I'm sure nothing is rusted or rotting underneath.

Any concerns I should look for? Is that generation worth anything? I'm a Ford :nutz: so I don't know anything about them :rofl: Any good places to check out for parts (either used or reproduction)? Best forum for them?

Thanks!

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Convertible? YUUUUCK! My brother had a C4 for a couple years. DD'd it through the entire year, winter and all. Had some pretty high mileage and ran like a champ. Very stout cars. That's about my extent of knowledge, I'll let the pro's check in this bitch.

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
crowley-sorry-not-sorry_zpsa3e43be6.gif

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Pray for either a 95 or 95 for the vented opti spark. Other than that they are pretty bulletproof. I'm assuming automatic so it'll have the Dana 36 rear diff which is slightly weak compared to the Dana 44 in the manual vettes

Oh and you can buy any part for the car from mid America motor works..... And I mean ANY part

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Its an automatic. I have no idea what year it is, my dad told me it was an 80's, but that doesnt mean anything :rofl: Im gunna go look at it tomorrow or the next day. I mainly just wanted to see if it was worth it to pick it up. Didnt want a complete money pit for something thatll never be anything but junk.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Convertible? YUUUUCK! My brother had a C4 for a couple years. DD'd it through the entire year, winter and all. Had some pretty high mileage and ran like a champ. Very stout cars. That's about my extent of knowledge, I'll let the pro's check in this bitch.

Yeah its a vert. Im not real excited about that, but the price is right.

pajamasam

Addict
Apr 12, 2011
O'Hare Area
Its an 86. Its not THAT rough, but its rough. Dude ripped into the wiring and had no idea what he was doing. I still think the price is right tho.

85 and 86 are the two years that are worth the least. Lowest horsepower engines from the factory of any vette.

I personally wouldn't pay over $1000 for it and that's just going off how rough you say it is. Just my .02

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info