• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

learn me: LS1 and the D-1SC setup

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Cons price vs power.

These kits are not cheap and produce little power for the price. You could make the same type of power on a 1000 dollar nitrous setup vs this 5000 blower kit.

Pros.

It looks cool under the hood. Boost doesn't run out. That's pretty much the only plus until you step up to a major procharger kit.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
i think a blower is more fun for a street car than nitrous, power is always there and nitrous goes fast when you spray alot on the street, say you get 5ish good hits on a bottle, if your spraying 150 or better thats about it, unless you have lots of bottles your making trips to get them filled often at 50 bucks a crack, last time i was at winners circle they raised the price to 5 bucks a pound

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Good reliable blower. I made 725rwhp on my d1sc. You'll like it.

I was going to say, not that great of power? 725 RWHP us nothing to sneeze at. I know they make good power on the Mustangs, I didn't think this would be any different. The only reason I didn't chime in earlier was I thought it may have been different for the LSx motors.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I was going to say, not that great of power? 725 RWHP us nothing to sneeze at. I know they make good power on the Mustangs, I didn't think this would be any different. The only reason I didn't chime in earlier was I thought it may have been different for the LSx motors.

You are correct that's good power, but don't put the idea in his head you buy the kit, slap it on and make 700 whp.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info