• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

learn me: LS1 and the D-1SC setup

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Cons price vs power.

These kits are not cheap and produce little power for the price. You could make the same type of power on a 1000 dollar nitrous setup vs this 5000 blower kit.

Pros.

It looks cool under the hood. Boost doesn't run out. That's pretty much the only plus until you step up to a major procharger kit.
You can't run nitrous at all times on the street. I hate the comparison of FI vs nitrous. If you're doing an all out track setup, then I'd agree.

But for a true street car... Meh.

bnr32

Regular
TCG Premium
Nov 6, 2013
i had a 99 formula with a D1SC and ati fluiddamper, long tube headers, slp dual dual exhaust, ls6 intake and 60lb injectors had a 3600 convertor in it and two fuel pumps. this was maybe 8 - 9 years ago. stock everything else. went 11.1 @ 126 and I drove it every where. that whine/whistle at idle was awesome.

GIMPY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 21, 2009
Elgin
Yesss... The fact that the owner may not have been educated on a supercharged car, fuel rating, AF ratio... All that...

He's against the wall though cause he's asking double bluebook. No 17 year old can get financed

How long has it had the blower on it??? I wouldn't worry about it at the horsepower level it's at. But If I bought it ir would straight in for a tune as soon as the car was in my possession

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
You've been served, Alex! :rofl:

grin.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info