Learn Me: GMC Yukon Denali

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I have been considering pulling a [MENTION=2616]Chester Copperpot[/MENTION] and trading in my Mustang to pick up outdoor fun vehicles. Riding on that RZR the other day was the most fun I have ever had in a vehicle. I was looking at either a 04 or 05 Denali or a higher mileage 07 Denali to tow around a toy and a fishing Jon boat we are getting this fall. We also plan on getting a camper down the road, so a decent tow rating would be beneficial...especially in the more mountainous areas. I am going to try to trade straight up for a SUV, but these Mustangs didn't hold their value all that good.

Would it be better to get a low mileage 05 or a higher mileage 07? Is the Denali worth it over a base 07 Tahoe with some options? The newer Denali that I could afford has over 100k on the clock...too many miles? Any more thoughts, throw them out there. Thanks for the help gents.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
how mountain-y is it by you? what elevation? whats max you'll be towing frequently?

I live a cunt hair over 7,000 feet. Several areas around here hit over 10k feet for camping and fishing, but primarily it will be between 6k to 10k feet elevation. Calling some of these areas out here "hilly" is an understatement. I couldn't tell you how steep of grades, but I see signs for 6% (I think) around. As of now, the max would be a light Jon boat, but when we get a camper I could see that pushing 5-6k lbs. Not entirely sure what a RZR and decent trailer would weigh though.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
I live a cunt hair over 7,000 feet. Several areas around here hit over 10k feet for camping and fishing, but primarily it will be between 6k to 10k feet elevation. Calling some of these areas out here "hilly" is an understatement. I couldn't tell you how steep of grades, but I see signs for 6% (I think) around. As of now, the max would be a light Jon boat, but when we get a camper I could see that pushing 5-6k lbs. Not entirely sure what a RZR and decent trailer would weigh though.

Damn when you move to NM? Thought you lived in the sticks of IL. And why have you not posted awesome mountain photos. :wavey:

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Damn when you move to NM? Thought you lived in the sticks of IL. And why have you not posted awesome mountain photos. :wavey:

I got out here almost 2 months ago. Definitely lived in the sticks of the sticks lol. Good last question. I will throw up some more pics as times goes for sure. I have posted a couple of pictures somewhere on here, but not too many. I need to take more.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
I got out here almost 2 months ago. Definitely lived in the sticks of the sticks lol. Good last question. I will throw up some more pics as times goes for sure. I have posted a couple of pictures somewhere on here, but not too many. I need to take more.

Nice. And yes please do. I miss the southwest landscape.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info