• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Leaning Tower of Pisa? in niles

dole21

Reaction score
OK....

heres another for anyone from niles.

Monday morning I was on touhy and saw the leaning tower of pisa....right by a ford dealership i think it was...

what the heck is that all about? anyone know off hand? was just a strange sight to see at 7am when i'm half asleep

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Originally posted by dole21@Feb 1 2005, 07:55 PM
OK....

Monday morning I was on touhy and saw the leaning tower of pisa....right by a ford dealership i think it was...

what the heck is that all about?  anyone know off hand?  was just a strange sight to see at 7am when i'm half asleep
[snapback]69965[/snapback]​
It's been there for many years. I'm not sure what it means but it's a Niles staple.

GTPHales-Wife

Reaction score
It is the YMCA is right behind it think it has something to do with that. I think the Y is called the Leaning tower Ymca....Been there since I was a kid.

The funny thing is Hale and I went past it a few weeks ago and he asked me the same thing...lol

beyerch

Reaction score
yes its the learning tower YMCA and i think you can rent a room (hotel room) in that tower......

I have/had a membership to that Y for a while before I moved...

I

imported_snoop

that blew me too when i saw that. i had to go to the 24 hour auto zone on rockwell and when i drove past that, i was like "ummm, i think we made a wrong turn somewhere." that was weird as hell

GTPHales-Wife

Reaction score
From I remember from my cousins ex husband...the rooms are like for those people who have no where else to stay and really can't afford a hotel room.

OvANGLvO

Reaction score
Originally posted by dole21@Feb 1 2005, 07:55 PM
OK....

what the heck is that all about?  anyone know off hand?  was just a strange sight to see at 7am when i'm half asleep
[snapback]69965[/snapback]​
lol... :lolsign: that was the first thing i remember about this country. I saw it for the first time on the day I came to America back on March, 1993.

GTPictor

Reaction score
they use to let people up there but in the early 90's they stoped because it became unsafe.

sgtp

Reaction score
Niles is such a strange community and this leaning tower just makes it even more peculair. It feels so stuck in the past because all the homes and buildings have the same exact architecual styling cues. I've never seen so much limestone clad stuctures before seeing Niles. Then theres those strange manicured bushes and goofy lawn ornaments in front of every house....the town really creeps me out. It feels like a Steven King novel in the making............

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Niles is indeed a weird place.

TinyTam95

Reaction score
I live in Niles thank you very much! It's not a weird town, it's just full of old people!!!!

sgtp

Reaction score
Im not bashing you, just your town...lol You know whats wrong with my neighboorhoor? too many yuppies and trixies and they all drive the same car: black vw jetta... a lot of infiniti g20's as well

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom