• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

leaking water from cabin roof light assembly... wtf!?

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Reaction score
So I hop in my car to go to work and notice drops of water by the shifter. I look up and water is dripping from the sunroof/interior roof light assembly. Has anyone ever seen this? Its got a good amount of water in it. Never happened before. The sunroof is closed.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Probably a water drain from the sunroof that's clogged.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You got a sunroof? I know on my car the drain tubes can get clogged and that can happen. The holes for the drain tubes should be in the corners of the sunroof opening when you open the glass

1FastWS6

Slow and only getting Slower...
Reaction score
My car was covered with leaves this morning
There are tubes that come out down by the doors, try and get a compressor and blow it out. Same thing happened in my red one, and that cleared it up.

99PONTIACGP

Reaction score
Yep, it happens to me once in a while. I heard the sunroofs are notorious for leaking too :dunno:

Euro

GM or Nothing
Reaction score
Mine did that once one day, never again. Strange! I just have to keep re-doing the god damn wiper cowl weatherstripping :madfawk:

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
Reaction score
x2 on the wiper cowl weatherstripping... a little leak from your overhead aint nothing when you've got a swimming pool in your passenger foot-well the morning after it rains

99PONTIACGP

Reaction score
x2 on the wiper cowl weatherstripping... a little leak from your overhead aint nothing when you've got a swimming pool in your passenger foot-well the morning after it rains
IS THAT WHERE IT LEAKS! My passenger side is always soaked. :dunno:

Euro

GM or Nothing
Reaction score
That shit's annoying. I put some silicone on my stripping though and it's lasted a good 2 years and now starting to fuck up again.
Yeah, I fixed mine at school in spring of 08, and I'm pretty sure it needs to be adjusted/fixed again.

The initial findings were horrible, there was so much water on the passenger side of the car, that it was leaking out from the rubber stop that's right under the rear pass. side footwell. I had water in the front and back footwells.

Shampooing the carpet multiple times, the carpet still smells if you get close to it :tear:

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
knock on wood... my car has never leaked.

G_T_P

Reaction score
So I hop in my car to go to work and notice drops of water by the shifter. I look up and water is dripping from the sunroof/interior roof light assembly. Has anyone ever seen this? Its got a good amount of water in it. Never happened before. The sunroof is closed.
x2 i have been getting this lately. I leave my sunroof open and i think a leaf gets clogged in there sometimes take a little while for it to come out i believe?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom