LC1 wideband users: Upgrade to Firmware 1.2!

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
Donating Member
Reaction score
All,

for those of you using LC1 wideband sensors, I just upgraded to the "beta" 1.2 firmware version, and it really seemed to improve the accuracy and stability of the readings I get from the LC1 during operation.

This may be old news, but I just finally did it and am happy with the result.

It is recommended to flash back to Rev 1.00 first, then flash to the Rev 1.20 RC4 file.

*NOTE* I got an error message that says "cannot connect to device" after flashing with one firmware and then trying to upload the next after a power cycle. The way to resolve the problem is to change a setting on the analog output, and then click program (then change it back to what you want it to be). After doing so, you should have no problem with the firmware upgrade going through.

I attached firmware rev 1.0, and rev 1.2 in .rar (need to unzip them) with this post. Rev 1.1 is available on the Innovate support page of their website.

Final note: this firmware upgrade doesn't require re-calibration of the sensor (though it is probably a good idea anyway, because you know you have not been following the re-calibration schedule)

Attachments

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Reaction score
I have a question about the gauge reading. Maybe you would know whats wrong. I hooked the wiring up correctly, but maybe its the configuration on the program. The gauge will read low numbers, then climb slowly. Till it reachs 15.0 and stay there. Ill check out the firmware update but Im sure this isnt going to help my situation.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
If it's during startup usually the gauge will read 1.0 lambda or 14.7 afr for a few seconds as it's warming up. Once it's warmed up which seems to be about 20 seconds or so then it's ready to go.

I have an LM2 and need to check into a firmware update. I just spent a good deal of time over the weekend getting my histograms and gauges working in HPTuners to read for lambda, commanded lambda and lambda error so hopefully after running the firmware update it doesn't dick my settings.

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Reaction score
Right I read into the set up. But the programming I think is where I screwed up. Like this screen.

Sorry to make this into asking question lol. I will update though.

willizm

Ho fuckin Ho!
Reaction score
I left the programmer stock and didn't touch it. I just used the default settings for my logger and got it to work with hpt

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
Donating Member
Reaction score
check that you are connected to the correct analog output, and make sure that the transfer function is from 0-5 volts for 7.35 to 22.39. I use the XD-16 gauge, so I never have an issue with the gauge wiring...

likely going to upgrade to the AFR500 sometime soon, but at least I improved the functionality of the LC1 for now.

Nadanutcase

Reaction score
First of all THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE FIRMWARE. I am running two Innovate LC's including a NOS LC-1 I bought with a G2 gauge (because I prefer analog style gauges) and found that the controller is still running version 1.00a firmware.

I called Innovate and discovered that AUTOMETER bought them fairly recently and was told they (Autometer) DUMPED pretty much all of the legacy support stuff (it looks like all they have on their website now are manuals). So posts like this firmware are increasingly useful for those of us running their older products.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom