🏡 Better Homes Lawn Lords and Garden Gentlemen

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
We had voles for a few weeks. I just bought a couple mouse traps and put them along the base of the house. I caught both of them within a day or two. I felt terrible for them, but they can do so much damage to the grass.

And now I have to research how to care for St Augustine grass. It doesn't grow from a seed. You either have to get new sod or buy plugs. And apparently I don't have much of a greenthumb with their care yet because our lawn doesn't look that great. We have an irrigation system and I still have lots of browned/dead spots. Worst case scenario, I bite the bullet and pay $50/month for lawn care.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
What are these purple flowers sprouting up all over my backyard? Should I un-alive them with weed killer? And why is my grass starting to grow in February? Mother nature is drunk.

MVIMG_20230219_190733267.jpg

MVIMG_20230219_190720265.jpg

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I have nothing but solicitors coming to the door lately. Since I’ve been off work due to my surgery I’ve had 2 for solar and one for lawn care and maintenance. For solar i am just short and say no thank you but the lawn guy caught me on pain medicine and not feeling much pain so he got a Ron Swanson impersonation about how I do my own shit and lose my address. ??

Now back to just mowing my lawn and wishing I knew how to make it look better.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Reactions: LikeABauce302

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I really miss bluegrass/fescue, this St Augustine grass is far more difficult to maintain/grow. I could fix my yard in IL, but I'm struggling with the St Augustine grass. It grows from pods and not seeds, so it's just a bit more of a pain to fix bare spots. I'm learning and the grass looks better, but still not great.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Hey, I polish my Snapper after every use, so...

With that said, glad I'm not the only crazy one out mowing this weekend. Neighbor was laughing at me. But with Wiess's treatment a few weeks back, that yard is green and growing. Right up against the front of the house, it was up to the bottom of the siding.

Thread Info