Real Name
Go Go
IMG_1196.jpg

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Is your dog a girl or boy jason05gt jason05gt
He’s a boy, but that’s the front yard and he typically goes to the bathroom in the back as we have a fenced in yard.

My entire yard looks great besides this section on the side. It happens every year like this so I don’t think it’s grubs. I was told it was bent grass which just keeps spreading. I might kill that section in the fall and reseed.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
He’s a boy, but that’s the front yard and he typically goes to the bathroom in the back as we have a fenced in yard.

My entire yard looks great besides this section on the side. It happens every year like this so I don’t think it’s grubs. I was told it was bent grass which just keeps spreading. I might kill that section in the fall and reseed.
Probably middle to end of this month I am planning on killing a section of my grass due to it being 99% crab grass and dirt. Another vid I saw about doing that says to make sure new grass you do starts germinating and growing in the fall instead of planting. This way it will be mature enough for winter.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I think I'm going to try Tenacity again for the next 30 days. If that doesn't work, I am going to scorch it and start fresh

This article says that you need to do three applications 10 days apart. I only did one application last fall.

Reactions: DanJ

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Pulled the deck of the mower. It’s never been off or cleaned the whole time my parents had it since around 1999 or so.

View attachment 127666

View attachment 127665
A little chunk missing on the blade. Lol

View attachment 127667
Also this was jammed in there probably for a hell of a long time.

I scraped all the junk off, power washed it, sharpened the blades and gave it a quick test and wow. Cuts like a whole new machine.

Original blades?

If yes, ever sharpened?

If yes and no - > that's awesome.

34 hours on mine, thinkin next season complete tune up but maybe I'll save on the blades ??

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Original blades?

If yes, ever sharpened?

If yes and no - > that's awesome.

34 hours on mine, thinkin next season complete tune up but maybe I'll save on the blades ??
original and never sharpened blades. My dad took great care of the engine and keeping it clean but never pulled the deck off. He told me last night it always cut fine so he left it and always figured it would be a big project to remove and reinstall the deck.

• Love
Reactions: Spivitz

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
original and never sharpened blades. My dad took great care of the engine and keeping it clean but never pulled the deck off. He told me last night it always cut fine so he left it and always figured it would be a big project to remove and reinstall the deck.

That is awesome to read Man ??

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Thread Info