🏡 Better Homes Lawn Lords and Garden Gentlemen

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Neighbor saw me outside and recommended me to cut my grass since HP likes to ticket for too long of grass. I have my IV out but still have a drain in. Can’t lift too much, but I can walk behind a self propel. ?

View attachment 119297

And holy shit did I chew through batteries. 3 full 7.5AH, 2 6AH, and needed to use a 4th 7.5 to finish the job. Thank goodness I got the snowblower with the 7.5s and another fast charger. Took me 3 hours since I kept stopping for breaks as to not stress my body too much.
How big of yard do you have? Mine seams about that size and I dont use all of my 6 AH.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
How big of yard do you have? Mine seams about that size and I dont use all of my 6 AH.
Not sure on square footage but the plot is 1/4 acre (corner lot). To be fair this was pretty tall grass and the back half gets very thick. It was in turbo almost half the time I was back there. Also did a lot of starts and stops to take breaks which I’m sure the batteries don’t care for either. I’ve done maintenance cuts once a week towards the end of the season last year using just my 6AH batteries but had to be sparing with the self propel.

That picture is close to about 1/4 my grass.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Not sure on square footage but the plot is 1/4 acre (corner lot). To be fair this was pretty tall grass and the back half gets very thick. It was in turbo almost half the time I was back there. Also did a lot of starts and stops to take breaks which I’m sure the batteries don’t care for either. I’ve done maintenance cuts once a week towards the end of the season last year using just my 6AH batteries but had to be sparing with the self propel.

That picture is close to about 1/4 my grass.
Yeah that seams weird... i do have a lower model mower than you. (still self propelled). But I barely use a hole battery..

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
52AEFE7E-0958-4097-97E9-23CAECC04477.jpeg

Front yard grew like crazy from all the rain and the one application of Scott’s. Mowed Saturday at 2.75” and it was well over 4” yesterday (Wednesday). Have some broad leaf weeds to spray but want to wait til it’s cooler next week.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
View attachment 119314

Front yard grew like crazy from all the rain and the one application of Scott’s. Mowed Saturday at 2.75” and it was well over 4” yesterday (Wednesday). Have some broad leaf weeds to spray but want to wait til it’s cooler next week.
You use a reel mower? Some nice lines.

I’m really thinking about going outside and spraying the weed killer after the little one goes to sleep, but I’m still feeling it from earlier.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
You use a reel mower? Some nice lines.

I’m really thinking about going outside and spraying the weed killer after the little one goes to sleep, but I’m still feeling it from earlier.

Nope, just a toro rotary mower. I want to get one of those checkmate striping kits but just haven’t. My backyard has been under renovation and expansion for two years so I haven’t been able to commit to over seeding and watering the front yet so stripes haven’t been a priority. It always starts out strong in the spring and then shits the bed in summer. My house is really old and I have no idea when the last time the front yard was seeded was. I’m assuming the previous owners used a service as the weeds have never been terrible.

Check the label on the weed killer. Most shouldn’t be applied when temps are over 85. Grass is already stressed from the heat so the chemicals can damage your grass then. Next week in the 70’s should be perfect and I’m probably just going to carpet bomb the entire lawn with speed zone.
Gotta wait two more weeks till I can spray weed preventer down, got the spring fertilizer down a little late….

Going to need to do a quick high pass with the riding mower tomorrow then mow again on the weekend with the push mower with the bag.

We had one week of spring. I did the same, waited til it warmed up to fertilize which I think was late April. Last year I had it down in March I think.

View attachment 119319
Weeds are looking great

On the bright side dandelions are pretty easy to kill.

Reactions: FESTER665

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
You're going for the au naturel look.
across the street is the main channel that leads to the Mchenry river walk and the Fox River and the majority of the houses are on shallow wells too so generally nobody uses any chemicals and fertilizers on the lawn.

Also The whole neighborhood is built on top of what used to be a well pond that was filled in with gravel and sand too so the whole neighborhood drains super fast when it rains.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
across the street is the main channel that leads to the Mchenry river walk and the Fox River and the majority of the houses are on shallow wells too so generally nobody uses any chemicals and fertilizers on the lawn.

Also The whole neighborhood is built on top of what used to be a well pond that was filled in with gravel and sand too so the whole neighborhood drains super fast when it rains.
I'd chemical and fertilize the fuck out of my lawn then

Dave Chapelle GIF by moodman

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
View attachment 119314

Your lines are a little crooked....

Lawn looks great!

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Thread Info