🏡 Better Homes Lawn Lords and Garden Gentlemen

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Neighbor down the street had this out on the curb with two batteries and charger. Went up to the door just in case it was by accident and she told me to take it before her husband comes back :rofl: Some weird dispute that I already forgot the details. Going to try it alongside my gas Honda. Appears to be an entry level model but the lawn looked great (freshly cut with this mower). Doesn’t look to be a self-propelled. Going to put in a new blade (current one is chipped), clean it up and take it for a test hit.

IMG_7185.jpeg

IMG_7184.jpeg

IMG_7186.jpeg

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Been using mine for 4 years now I think. Love it. Self propelled not needed weighs nothing.
It doesn’t weigh much but if you are mowing for more than an hour it sucks no matter what you are pushing. 😂

For free, killer pick up. The charger alone retails for $100 since it’s a fast charger.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Neighbor down the street had this out on the curb with two batteries and charger. Went up to the door just in case it was by accident and she told me to take it before her husband comes back :rofl: Some weird dispute that I already forgot the details. Going to try it alongside my gas Honda. Appears to be an entry level model but the lawn looked great (freshly cut with this mower). Doesn’t look to be a self-propelled. Going to put in a new blade (current one is chipped), clean it up and take it for a test hit.

View attachment 179819

View attachment 179820

View attachment 179821
Can't wait to see what happens when the husband sees you using his "old" lawn mower. :ROFLMAO:

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
So, I did my yard work yesterday, so I could ride the cruiser today. The neighbor that hasn't been able to find his string trimmer for the last two seasons is out of town. I leaned over the fence with my trimmer and hit all the grass they've been neglecting.

Other neighbor who can also see the poor lawn care asked me if I knew anything about the grass being knocked down. Told him I can neither confirm or deny any involvement, only that it hasn't looked that good in two years. I doubt the neighbor will ever notice, and I doubt they'll even bother to do an end-of-season clean up, let alone cut it again.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
So, I did my yard work yesterday, so I could ride the cruiser today. The neighbor that hasn't been able to find his string trimmer for the last two seasons is out of town. I leaned over the fence with my trimmer and hit all the grass they've been neglecting.

Other neighbor who can also see the poor lawn care asked me if I knew anything about the grass being knocked down. Told him I can neither confirm or deny any involvement, only that it hasn't looked that good in two years. I doubt the neighbor will ever notice, and I doubt they'll even bother to do an end-of-season clean up, let alone cut it again.

Had neighbor like that at old house.
Glad we don't have that at new house.
Pride of ownership is a fading thing it seems.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
It's like spring all over again.
I had to double cut my grass Saturday. Lost a tire on the tractor half way through the first pass too. 6 hours to cut. Bananas. It looks great though!

Having a baby threw a wrench into cutting schedule so the grass was 8” tall.

Reactions: Jon01 and DanJ

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I had to double cut my grass Saturday. Lost a tire on the tractor half way through the first pass too. 6 hours to cut. Bananas. It looks great though!

Having a baby threw a wrench into cutting schedule so the grass was 8” tall.

Kids are perfect at turning scheduled plans upside down and cock blocking when about to penetrate.

It’s almost as if they have a sixth sense.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
My grass is growing like crazy again too, but should slow down with colder temps this week. I overseeded a few areas about 3 weeks ago and it's already filled in nicely.

I also planted some tulip bulbs around the property, so hopefully those pop up in the spring.

The roses I planted in the spring have been flowering nicely over the last few weeks.

20231007_115039.jpg

Reactions: Aircal and Spivitz

Thread Info