Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Just cut the grass before the heat comes

If you hate your grass you can do that. I actually let mine go this past couple weeks partially cause I couldnt cut due to being sick and partially cause of the heat. Mine still looks green after being baked while others around me dont look as good. Now if I cut this weekend it will be awesome. I want to bag but dont have enough bags or stickers so Ill just mulch. Especially since I just put on a new blade. Should hopefully help.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Everyone on my street was mowing today. Did my part here - hit everything with the rider, did all the tight areas with the push mower and then hit it all with the yard broom. Going to lay some fertilizer down, not sure if itā€™s a good time or not but it hasnā€™t been done since spring and it looks like it could use it.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
So they reseeded in june and it didn't take, then in the last few weeks it got overrun with a bunch of weird crabgrass I've never seen. They're coming out to clear it all again today, then i'm having a tree guy come out and clear 3 fallen trees and a bunch of brush at the edge of my property (technically on HOA property but I have to look at it regardless so it's gotta go), thennnnn later in the month we'll do sod.

Front and sides look so good, but man does the back look terrible. Can't wait for this shit to be done.
Trees & brush out, sod went in last week, just in time for a 10+ day dry streak lol. I've been watering it literally 4 hours per day.

The weather this year has been goofy. Oh here's a drought in May...ope it's summer now here's a bunch of monsoons....ope still summer but it's gonna be a high of 72 for two weeks....OK here's two 100* days then it's going back to mid 70's.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Their communication is too much TBH. Earlier this spring, I inquired about them doing our back yard here in Elgin because of us tearing it up to put a pool in and now it was somewhat back to normal, yet a weed farm. So I wanted to get it up to speed with the front. Well, I set up what I felt was necessary, then for 2 or 3 weeks, multiple emails/texts and calls asking if I had reviewed some other optional proposals to address some of the issues we had back there.

Yes, I have. If I haven't contacted you, that means I am not interested in doing them!
Quoting myself.

Two days in a row now they've left voicemails (phone actually never rings mind you), "Hi this is your grass guru at Weiss, you have not signed up XXXXXX"

Leave me the fuck alone!

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Anyone have suggestions for perennials that thrive in partial shade/sunlight? I have this walkway between my house and detached garage that I want to plant some perennials alongside. In the spring there were tulips, but I think a lot of the bulbs got dug up by squirrels. There were some other perennials that bloomed last summer and fall, but didn't come back this summer. Probably killed by the drought or dug up by animals.

Also when is the best timing for planting perennials? I'm assuming it's too late now, but I'm trying to plan for next year. I'm clueless about gardening.

This pic is from the spring. It's mostly bare right now.
FB_IMG_1682395733378.jpg

Also, I've been watering different parts of my lawn the last couple evenings because it looks like it's going to be hot and dry for the next week. I wanted to overseed a few spots, but it's going to be way too hot and dry. I'm debating on skipping cutting it this weekend in hopes that leaving it longer will reduce some moisture evaporation from the soil.

20230829_185243.jpg

Thread Info