🏡 Better Homes Lawn Lords and Garden Gentlemen

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Just edged and did the street strips and back yard. I’ll do the rest tomorrow. All things considered it’s not bad.
IMG_5994.jpeg

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Also just had a neighbor ask me why I started bagging when cutting my grass. Just said I wanted to and see what the big deal was. Didn’t want to get into the specifics of batteries and bla bla bla.

Dude with the most serious of faces and voice then asked “you trying to be the best lawn in the neighborhood or something?” I said nope, just better than yours.

I now have a mortal enemy for life. ???

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
My back yard has come a long way this year. The center section is obviously some sort of weed but it’s not unpleasant to walk on. And one spot the dog likes to eat dirt.

Record amounts of rain the last month or two might have helped a little lol.

IMG_1027.jpeg

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Mine is doing better than average but it’s largely due to the shade from too many trees. Moles are wreaking havoc still but I am almost out of fucks to give. Over $150 in poison, traps and smoke bombs and only 4 confirmed kills. It’s whack a mole but worse. One good thing about the dry spell is less mowing. Gonna be real crispy by July though if we don’t get caught up on some precipitation.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Do I buy a battery powered rider, or this? Honestly, Id probably just buy this. :rofl:

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I mowed my desert today... Not because I wanted a quality cut, but more so because where I had watered over the past week or two, had actually grown. It was thin, but growing (about a foot long). More importantly, it had the seedlings on the tips of the blades. So knowing that we might get a decent chance of rain tonight, I figured I'd trim it down and get it in the ground. So I set the mower at it's highest setting and trimmed it.

At one point I looked down and the mower was smoking like it was on fire. Some dry leaves (My linden trees are all shedding leaves already) must've gotten kicked up, hit the exhaust and started to roast. The roasting fell off the mower deck and actually in to the grass and started smoldering in the grass. :D I had to stomp it to put it out. So if we had a Chicago wildfire break out, you could've blamed me. :D

Thread Info