May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
1655306154400.png

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
but does it allow you to remove sections from inside the area you measured? like if you had a pool, trampoline, swing set, garden, etc...?

wtf would you need to do that for? what's a trampoline? 12' diameter? it's not going to make it go from fucking 5,000 square feet to 20,000 you fucking buffoon

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Also if you were to get a snow blower in whatever brand you buy, that’s more batteries to use for your mower as well. So might as well invest in the ecosystem up front.

After watching a dude get gas in a container for what I’m assuming is his lawnmower, and these gas prices, you will save in the long run just making the full jump now IMO.
The cost of batteries is what keeps me on gas for the mower and snowblower. I run premium with a fuel stabilizer in my small engines. I ran less than 10 gallons of premium through my mower and snowblower last year. Say premium is $7 a gallon that’s $70 to run both, plus a $20 oil change, plug and air filter kit for each, so being real generous $110. What kind of battery can I get for $110 and how many years will it last being charged and ran dry 2-3 times a week all spring-fall?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
The cost of batteries is what keeps me on gas for the mower and snowblower. I run premium with a fuel stabilizer in my small engines. I ran less than 10 gallons of premium through my mower and snowblower last year. Say premium is $7 a gallon that’s $70 to run both, plus a $20 oil change, plug and air filter kit for each, so being real generous $110. What kind of battery can I get for $110 and how many years will it last being charged and ran dry 2-3 times a week all spring-fall?
Another thing I read is the overall longevity of the electric/mower system, especially for the cost. I'm sure this will improve over time as things standardize and more commercial level quality comes from them, but still gotta factor that in. No scientific facts here, but I commonly read that batteries last about 5, the rest of the mower itself 10'ish...

By way of comparison, my oldest Snapper is 27 years old. The Crapsman tractor is 21. My Arien's mower is around 20. All are running strong and nothing other than basic maintenance is needed.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
wtf would you need to do that for? what's a trampoline? 12' diameter? it's not going to make it go from fucking 5,000 square feet to 20,000 you fucking buffoon
The site I posted was from a video I saw. Basically it’s nice to cut all of those items out if you are anal about the chemicals and supplies for your lawn. Helps get the right mixtures and purchase correct amounts. While it’s not world saving, money is money, and I has lots of sidewalk to factor in if I were to be spreading stuff around.

I’m not one of those people but knowing I have roughly 10,400 square feet of just grass would probably be useful information if I were one of those ultra lawn lords.

I’m not sure, and can’t confirm. It’s give and take either way you go, and if I had bought a house even 5 years ago I would have a gas mower and snow blower most likely. Figured if I’m gonna buy now, might as well just jump electric instead of making a switch later. Also very convenient storage since I just fold my mower up and put it against the wall and same with the blower.

Reactions: DanJ

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I'll take a look at Ego. Just doing some quick reading on DeWalt this morning and it looks like the batteries I already have wouldn't last very long in a mower. Starting off with a different brand wouldn't bother me.
Ego has a dual battery model where the batteries are in parallel so you get 2x the runtime if that’s what you are concerned about

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
My ryobi 40v from directtools, 70 for battery/charger/wheel whip and 4 years old…

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Another thing I read is the overall longevity of the electric/mower system, especially for the cost. I'm sure this will improve over time as things standardize and more commercial level quality comes from them, but still gotta factor that in. No scientific facts here, but I commonly read that batteries last about 5, the rest of the mower itself 10'ish...

By way of comparison, my oldest Snapper is 27 years old. The Crapsman tractor is 21. My Arien's mower is around 20. All are running strong and nothing other than basic maintenance is needed.
Your snapper lasted 27 years because it was quality, new shit isn’t built like that

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Reactions: Yaj Yak

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
All you gas burners not caring your killing all the whales and turtles.. No, for real each yard is different. Making the move to my Ryobi as worked out great for me. Adding the leaf blower and then the weed wacker was like a cherry on top. I may add the snow blower in the next year.

Milhouse

Addict
Jan 5, 2017
I'll take a look at Ego. Just doing some quick reading on DeWalt this morning and it looks like the batteries I already have wouldn't last very long in a mower. Starting off with a different brand wouldn't bother me.

If you go Ego, don’t go cheap. My neighbor behind me has the cheapest Ego and he has to charge 3-4 times to cut 1/2 acre.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
My ryobi 40v from directtools, 70 for battery/charger/wheel whip and 4 years old…
But how many amp hour? Two winters ago the guy across the street was snowed in with an electric single stage. My driveway is 120’ long I need a two stage for the few times we get heavy snow and I get called into work in the middle of the night.

Did you know they opened a DirectTools at the Aurora outlet mall? Still need to go visit.

I hate that outlet mall but that is relevant to my interests. Last time we went there we almost bought a bunch of baby clothes at carters. I go on their website and they had a sale where the prices were cheaper. Besides when I was a sneaker head and hit up Nike weekly for obscure shit that ended up on clearance that place is pointless in my opinion.

All you gas burners not caring your killing all the whales and turtles.. No, for real each yard is different. Making the move to my Ryobi as worked out great for me. Adding the leaf blower and then the weed wacker was like a cherry on top. I may add the snow blower in the next year.
I love my Dewalt string trimmer and blower. I don’t need 4 small engines to maintain.
If you go Ego, don’t go cheap. My neighbor behind me has the cheapest Ego and he has to charge 3-4 times to cut 1/2 acre.

This. Guy across the street has an ego with a 1/4 acre lot and he has to finish with this ancient black and decker battery mower.

Thread Info