South beach
Real Name
Go Go

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Fuck did I get a ton of these in my back yard this year. I usually get them in June. I sprayed some crap from menards to kill them I hope it works fast.

View attachment 119682
If its green, I don't care :rofl:

The grass gets cut and bug treatment, thats it. NFG

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Spent 5 hours pulling weeds out of flower beds today. Woof.

I would gladly take a day of pulling weeds. Previous owner of my place didn’t do shit in years. When I moved in last year there was 6’ tall thistle all over the place. I got rid of the thistle and several bushes last year. I currently need to pull the flowers and keeper plants out of the weed beds. Take out rocks, cut the Virgin Mary surround that was poured into a slab of concrete and smash the slab, Buy the Ryobi 40v tiller and give it all a good till, Replant the keeper plants and flowers to make flower beds again.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
While I am gas, and will remain that way for awhile yet, I am an Echo or Stihl fan. With that said, I have an Echo SRM-225. The reason I am posting this is because I have the same "speed-feed" 400 head on mine as was on the Echo in this test. I will counter their findings in that the speed-feed head delivers string too easily. If you're trimming over rock/gravel, it's bouncing around will advance string like a drunken sailor on binger.

Also, in all these tests, they're banging the heads against a hard surface. I've found that to not advance string on any trimmer I've had very well. When in the brush, it has zero issues. Matter of fact, when I smacked the speed-feed head down hard on the concrete driveway, to advance line, i sent speed-feed parts down the alley.

On the refill portion, they showed several that had red or white lines to line up the spool for reloading. Little bit of advice. After a couple uses, those red/white marking lines will no longer be easily visible. The green from teh shit you've slaughtered will coat the head. So having the arrows to help line it back up works much better.

Also, ditch whatever string it comes with. Even the Echo Cross-Fire line, which isn't bad, pales in comparison to this Speed-pro stuff that Home Depot sells. It is a blue main line covered by a nylon coating. This helps it resist wear (fence lines anyone) and in brush maintains it's "straightness" while at speed, which allows it to cut quicker. A neighbor had the same trimmer, using the Echo line and remarked how fast I tore through everything. Basically as fast as you can walk, this line cuts fast enough vs. him having to swing back and forth to knock it all down.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Yep, you need the Weed B Gone shit with the purple label....

View attachment 119753

Triclopyr is all I’ve found that works on those things. I should try that stuff as I bought triclopyr ester which is a lot more rowdy and I can’t even use it if it’s windy because it’ll carry in the air and kill whatever it lands on.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Triclopyr is all I’ve found that works on those things. I should try that stuff as I bought triclopyr ester which is a lot more rowdy and I can’t even use it if it’s windy because it’ll carry in the air and kill whatever it lands on.
The purple weed b gone I have had success with, none of the other brands seemed to work for me. I usually buy the concentrate one and mix it a little on the strong side.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Only issue I have with my 60v DeWalt trimmer is that the shield on it is so stupidly small (not sure if he mentioned it in the video).

Don't they make a bigger one greasy greasy ??? You have a PN for it so I can order one now that I am thinking about it.
As greasy greasy would say...

I'm not familiar with that, do your own online research

Thread Info