🏡 Better Homes Lawn Lords and Garden Gentlemen

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
Pulled weeds and laid down some mulch this weekend.

PXL_20220508_154558759.jpg

PXL_20220508_164505150_exported_200_1652100447513.jpg

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Spent all weekend working on the yard.

Saturday, cut the grass and again the battery died on the Ryobi, so we bit the bullet and bought a 2nd battery for it.

While the battery was recharging, I pulled the electric hedge trimmer out and cleaned up bushes and some evergreen trees around the house. Also took the manual trimmers and cleaned off a bush in the backyard that had lots of dead branches in it. And by the time that was done, battery was charged enough to finish the yard.

Sunday - pulled the edger out and proceeded to weed and edge all around the house. 3 runs to Menards for 63 bags of mulch and we're still not done, 2 of the runs were in both the Explorer and the GTI. Going to finish that up this weekend and get a count of how much mulch we need and next time, order a pallet to be delivered. Everyone is tired and sore today!

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Overseeding the stump holes I knocked over and filled in, about 50% of it took but the seed also clumped up in the low spots after all that rain. Reseeded again now that there's new grass to help contain the new seed. Raked up a bunch of weird mud/algae spots on the yard (probably from my dog's piss) and tilled the soil and threw seed and fert down.

All of this just to sell the house by July.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I'm going to top dress my backyard. I was going to have the company that I always use aerate, over seed and then add 3-4 yard of topsoil. My neighbor's son does grounds keeping at a local country club, so I was just going to have the dirt delivered and pay him to spread the dirt/level off my yard. Is there a certain type of topsoil that I should be using? I see regular topsoil, enhanced topsoil with peat moss, etc. Figured I'd ask TCG's lawn gurus before I make a few calls.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I'm going to top dress my backyard. I was going to have the company that I always use aerate, over seed and then add 3-4 yard of topsoil. My neighbor's son does grounds keeping at a local country club, so I was just going to have the dirt delivered and pay him to spread the dirt/level off my yard. Is there a certain type of topsoil that I should be using? I see regular topsoil, enhanced topsoil with peat moss, etc. Figured I'd ask TCG's lawn gurus before I make a few calls.

3-4 yards will be a muddy few weeks for the kiddos and dogs

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
So who are the electric lawnmower bros on here?

Thinking about picking up the DeWalt RWD Flexvolt mower, and selling the John Deere rider and giving the Honda push mower to my brother....

Just don't want to sell everything and then be like "welp, this electric mower sucks...."

Any feedback on that mower greasy greasy

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock

Thinking about picking up the DeWalt RWD Flexvolt mower, and selling the John Deere rider and giving the Honda push mower to my brother....

Just don't want to sell everything and then be like "welp, this electric mower sucks...."

EGO master race here. Electric mowers are great, but expensive. The advantage of not having oil changes or anything maintenance related is nice, but you pay for it

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
EGO master race here. Electric mowers are great, but expensive. The advantage of not having oil changes or anything maintenance related is nice, but you pay for it
My mower is 7 years old. Never changed the oil, never changed the plug, nor sharpened the blades. She fires on the first pull.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020

I just picked up this Ryobi:

then I had to buy this extra battery because it died 3/4 through doing my yard.

I'm on 1/4 acre, so do with that what you will.

I should have just bought this one with 2 batteries:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
If you have a yard big enough for a tractor, you're gonna need a bunch of batteries for anything electric.
I dont at all. I got the riding mower for a great price from my Dad's old neighbor a few years ago.

Sold the 42" snowblower attachment to Outlaw Outlaw and re-couped most of the money. Literally your normal 1/4 acre lot in Streamwood.

I get the yard done in like 5 minutes with the riding mower though. :bowrofl:

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood

Eyeing this one with the two Flexvolt batteries since I already have a bunch of the stuff in the Flexvolt line.

If you look up the price of the batteries alone, the mower is like $150 more.

Reactions: greasy

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I dont at all. I got the riding mower for a great price from my Dad's old neighbor a few years ago.

Sold the 42" snowblower attachment to Outlaw Outlaw and re-couped most of the money. Literally your normal 1/4 acre lot in Streamwood.

I get the yard done in like 5 minutes with the riding mower though. :bowrofl:
I was thinking from pictures previously you had a smaller yard, but had to say that just in case. :D

You just go in a circle a couple rounds and you're done. :D

Reactions: FESTER665

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020

Eyeing this one with the two Flexvolt batteries since I already have a bunch of the stuff in the Flexvolt line.

If you look up the price of the batteries alone, the mower is like $150 more.

Don't forget that you can get 11% back online:

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
My mower is 7 years old. Never changed the oil, never changed the plug, nor sharpened the blades. She fires on the first pull.

Briggs makes an engine advertised to never need an oil change/just top it off :rofl:

I change oil every 25 hours, and my 32 year old Toro still fires on first pull. Commercial grade Kawasaki engine FTW.

Thread Info