SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Dadbod purchase in the books

View attachment 90437
I really need to get a gas powered version. Yard is too big for electric. Would need 4ga extension cord to keep enough amps to power it at the far corners.

I have a tow-behind version for my rider, but the tines are too far apart to be effective.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
So we ripped out boxwood bushes that looked like crap and had a few dead ones. Leveled the dirt as best we could and put down seed over a week ago. been watering nightly (when it doesnt rain) and still nothing coming up. The grass seed in the backyard just started to come up that we planted weeks ago, so I guess we’ll give it more time.

image.jpg

Reactions: Blood on Blood

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I don’t think I had this problem this time last year, but I definitely have fungus popping up right now. The mushrooms make sense as I have been spraying a ton of liquid bio stimulants, but the fungus really creeped up on me. I’ve been putting a lot of liquid iron down too so I think the good blades getting darker distract from the lighter fungus blades from afar.

63EA5DF8-9647-4663-8CF4-6582F0D76BFE.jpeg

50668C93-3C84-4DEF-A1FC-C14249391D9A.jpeg

Scott’s Disease-ex (azoxystrobin granular) went down last Wednesday I think, and sprayed the Propiconazole liquid with Bifenthrin for mosquitos today. Seems weird having fungus issues as dry as it’s been, but we did get an inch and a half here over the past week or two and I watered once also.

BAD57A75-8790-4C6C-8A9D-D3D8FDCB88DD.jpeg

Reactions: Yaj Yak

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I always slack on the watering, but sources say your lawn needs an inch a week. Usually 1/2” twice a week. Deep infrequent watering is preferred because then the roots have to grow down to the water instead of just being shallow rooted at the surface if you gave it a little water every couple days.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I always slack on the watering, but sources say your lawn needs an inch a week. Usually 1/2” twice a week. Deep infrequent watering is preferred because then the roots have to grow down to the water instead of just being shallow rooted at the surface if you gave it a little water every couple days.

i think i need to see how much my sprinkler setup puts out then to figure that out. hmmm

the dude who owned my house before me was hardcore as fuck about his yard and im just trying to keep it where he had it :rofl:

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Do you have an in ground system? You can put some tuna cans (cat food cans, I’ve used pie tins) out in the yard and let it run a cycle to see what it’s putting down. If he was as nuts as it sounds like I’m guessing it was programmed already.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Do you have an in ground system? You can put some tuna cans (cat food cans, I’ve used pie tins) out in the yard and let it run a cycle to see what it’s putting down. If he was as nuts as it sounds like I’m guessing it was programmed already.

it was programmed already but me registering it to me reset everything which sucks but whatever.

it's a hydrawise system and is pretty badass. ten zones and i can control it from my phone.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Jealous. I’m guessing there are YouTube videos on how to program that also. Kind of dumb that it loses all its programming when you re register. Not like the guy had a secret lawn watering tune.

it was annoying as fuck. the "sprinkler guys" came out and were just dicks about it too.
i was like i need help with this shit i dont know how it works. they were like well you need internet first i was like yeah uh check that off the list you dick. then they were like well you need to register for the app and download it. already did that too you cockbags. thennnn they were like oh well it looks like it's still registered to the previous owner so you need to contact them to delete themselves from the app. so i asked my realtor to have them do that and they did it next day... so whatever. i at least have control of it now and know where the zones are

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Looking at those Hydrawise controllers that guy was definitely really into the lawn :rofl:. I’m over here figuring out how to put some rainbird pop up rotor heads on sprinkler spikes so I can drag them out a couple times a week, and this guys got it on his phone.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Looking at those Hydrawise controllers that guy was definitely really into the lawn :rofl:. I’m over here figuring out how to put some rainbird pop up rotor heads on sprinkler spikes so I can drag them out a couple times a week, and this guys got it on his phone.

i had no idea it was even there until the inspection when i saw the RPZ in the garage on a shelf and was like wtf is that fucking thing....

• Haha
Reactions: DanJ

Thread Info