Tis the season, first cut

20240316_122223.jpg

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Thursday night, I changed the oil in the lawn tractor and spooled the trimmer with string. The grass is starting to turn green and grow, but I will hold off on mowing for another week. The ground is too soft from the rain we got last week.

Today I put down a pre-emergent and I fixed the ruts alongside the road. I don't have a curb, so delivery drivers sometimes pull off into the grass. It's annoying, but there isn't much I can do to stop it.

Reactions: Spivitz

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
I borrowed my neighbor’s aerator and didn’t look it over well before hooking up to it. The tongue got bent and I decided it would be easier to just get a new one. I think it may have already been fucked up.

Picked up a new one from Lowes and discovered that it’s actually a significant amount of assembly. Got the thing together and did the majority of the lawn last night. Will finish it after work today. I wonder if it’s possible to over aerate.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I know our friends up in McHenry, lake counties and Southern wussyconsin will be like "WTF..." but the seasons first mowing is complete...

View attachment 201759

Im in Mchenry and if it was warmer here I would have given my lawn a once over today. It’s super long in a few spots where I re-seeded it last season.

Thread Info