Lawn & Equipment Thread

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
jd_lt155.jpg

Dad uses a lt155 to now the yard on the farm, and all the grass/weed areas around buildings. It's 15hp Kohler with hydro and a 38" deck. Very undersized for what we use it for. It's been a good mower, but is starting to have problems with the hydro or belt driving it. The plastic hood and plastic front bumper are pretty fragile now. To check the oil, the hood basically gets removed straight up...like a racecar. Lol.

He bought it in 2000, and it's got a lot of acres on it. He was looking at trading it off last year, and the dealer said they don't even want it.

He bought that to replace a cub cadet 106.
2595904_orig.jpg

It had a 10hp Kohler motor, 42" deck, 3 speed trans. The motor was overhauled about 3 times, once by me in a small engines class in high school. That mower was a tank.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
jd_lt155.jpg

Dad uses a lt155 to now the yard on the farm, and all the grass/weed areas around buildings. It's 15hp Kohler with hydro and a 38" deck. Very undersized for what we use it for. It's been a good mower, but is starting to have problems with the hydro or belt driving it. The plastic hood and plastic front bumper are pretty fragile now. To check the oil, the hood basically gets removed straight up...like a racecar. Lol.

He bought it in 2000, and it's got a lot of acres on it. He was looking at trading it off last year, and the dealer said they don't even want it.

He bought that to replace a cub cadet 106.
2595904_orig.jpg

It had a 10hp Kohler motor, 42" deck, 3 speed trans. The motor was overhauled about 3 times, once by me in a small engines class in high school. That mower was a tank.

That Cub Cadet reminds me of the old Wheel Horse with a 10hp Kohler that my aunt had. That thing was a small bulldozer...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I love my stupid little 30 inch Cub Cadet mower, I can rip through my standard with back yard gates, and deal with my little 1/4 acre just silly fast.

More than just being lazy with mowing, I bought it so I could move shit around easily as we have lots of assorted yard projects going on and I was not keen on doing 10 million wheel barrow trips with material.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Yeah she's no looker but I'm excited to get her going anyway. I think all that's with it is the mower deck and some sort of bagging cart to pull behind it or something. Not sure really, I haven't really identified everything in the shed/garage yet.

There are lots of levers and some mounting points and stuff on there. It's kinda confusing. It's funny you made this thread, just a couple days ago I was thinking of making a thread asking if anybody knew a lot about these for when I run into snags fixing it.

Cv18L8.jpg

McjM28.jpg

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Yeah she's no looker but I'm excited to get her going anyway. I think all that's with it is the mower deck and some sort of bagging cart to pull behind it or something. Not sure really, I haven't really identified everything in the shed/garage yet.

There are lots of levers and some mounting points and stuff on there. It's kinda confusing. It's funny you made this thread, just a couple days ago I was thinking of making a thread asking if anybody knew a lot about these for when I run into snags fixing it.

Cv18L8.jpg

McjM28.jpg

Looks like part of the bagger setup. Jeff might know more, I haven't seen arms that style. If you need any help along the way post up here or PM me.

JD_430_hitch_005.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL

Cv18L8.jpg

McjM28.jpg

On the dash
Left orange lever is throttle
Right orange ball lever is your hydro static forward and reverse
Little metal switch on the right is your pto turn deck on

by the key should be choke and trans lock out

Pedals on the right are brakes
Levers on the left by the hood are your hydraulics

If I remember everything right.

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
I'm not much of a zero turn guy myself. I guess I don't have enough lawn to cut and appreciate the functionality of the tractor outside of cutting grass.

If I was doing professional work I'd have some Wright standers. Great mowers.

I havent used one yet. I got an acre with alot of trees and it takes about an hour on a 100 series with a 48" now. I just want it to be fast like 30-40 min.
I also have a 318 with a snow blower.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info