Lawn & Equipment Thread

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
It seems as though that 100 series has quite a few models... The L100 (which I posted), an L105, L110/L112, L115, L120, L130, yada, yada, yada...

So yours being a 130, we probably the higher end of the series, and one that an implement place would stock just to have a lower price model in the showroom.

crooks

Donating Member
Reaction score
My box store L120 is from about 2003 and has over 500 hours on it. I know everyone says they are junk but I think I got my moneys worth out of it.

Tight Lines

Donating Member
Reaction score
I have been researching tractors as well and have found a lot of similar info I am reading in here, especially regarding a true tractor. I have some hills that are a little scary and really wanted to try and mow them with a rider. I went out bought a step above big box store Husqvarna that was used to try it out. I had to do a few modifications with the tires (Atv tires added) but so far so good. It confirmed I could at least cut the inclines, so when this one gives up, I will buy a true tractor which should handle it even better.

Tight Lines

Donating Member
Reaction score
I saw a John Deere 445 tractor in our Subdivision for sale. Here are a few pics. Wondering if I could get some feedback on this tractor as far as reliable and about how much I should pay for it. Appreciate any info and help.
[MENTION=945]daturbosix[/MENTION] [MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION]

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
I saw a John Deere 445 tractor in our Subdivision for sale. Here are a few pics. Wondering if I could get some feedback on this tractor as far as reliable and about how much I should pay for it. Appreciate any info and help.
[MENTION=945]daturbosix[/MENTION] [MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION]

reliability is no question for that machine.
how many hours are on it?

ive seen some deals on them and then ive seen them $4-5000 also.

are there any other attachments that come with it other than the deck?

DEEZUZ

He's/him/his/penis
Donating Member
Reaction score
Deere 318. any one have any attatchaments? FIL picked one up for $500 with like 2k hours.

Tight Lines

Donating Member
Reaction score
reliability is no question for that machine.
how many hours are on it?

ive seen some deals on them and then ive seen them $4-5000 also.

are there any other attachments that come with it other than the deck?
Really appreciate the info. I can pick it up for $2000. It has 1168 hours, plastic cam shaft was replaced and the motor just went through a service which included replacing head gaskets. No other attachments as he is an older guy with a smaller lawn. I will add attachments later on.

Sounds like I should go get it.

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Really appreciate the info. I can pick it up for $2000. It has 1168 hours, plastic cam shaft was replaced and the motor just went through a service which included replacing head gaskets. No other attachments as he is an older guy with a smaller lawn. I will add attachments later on.

Sounds like I should go get it.
heres some comps

https://rockford.craigslist.org/grd/d/freeport-john-deere-445-with-power/6922366489.html

https://rockford.craigslist.org/grd/d/belvidere-john-deere-445-garden-tractor/6915294632.html

https://swmi.craigslist.org/grd/d/berrien-springs-john-deere-hours-60/6916049740.html

id say you cant loose at $2000

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
front end loader, snow thrower. looking for them
there was a guy out your way that dealt with parting john deeres.. Geoff Tows was his name on FB. used to advertise on CL, but i cant find his ads now.

IceCreamAssassin

FBMM
Donating Member
Reaction score
My company is trying to dump our loader fleet, a couple dump trucks and two skid steers... if anyone is seriously interested I’ll get all the info for you. I’ll post some pics tomorrow.

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
My company is trying to dump our loader fleet, a couple dump trucks and two skid steers... if anyone is seriously interested I’ll get all the info for you. I’ll post some pics tomorrow.
dump, as in sell for $0.25 on the dollar, or dump as in market value?

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
I bet they’ll ask market value, but if you bring cash and don’t make a total insulting offer they won’t say no.
do they have a list of the equipment/vehicles yet? message it to me and [MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] plz

IceCreamAssassin

FBMM
Donating Member
Reaction score
do they have a list of the equipment/vehicles yet? message it to me and [MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] plz

I’ll get an actual list tomorrow at work.

We also have two more Michigan’s. I big 175b and I think an 85b. Also a Gehl 5640 I think.

Like I said though I get a list for you Monday.

Broke EF

Reaction score
How did I miss this thread! I skimmed through it, but will go back and read it soon. I picked this up about a month ago

So far its been great! I put it to work right away when I got it

Only downside is its making me want to make my yard a lot nicer, which means more equipment. I think next I need to get a good trimmer, then I need a tow behind spreader, blower, hedge trimmer, chain saw, tow behind aerator, roller, de-thatcher...

I do actually need a decent line trimmer though. I have some areas I cant get at with this mower (52" deck) and even with my Honda push mower I still have plenty to trim around the house and the fence. I am not super confident that my Black & Decker 40V can cut it. Plus I still cant find my batteries for it since the move!

Anyway, if you guys have any suggestions for any of that stuff I am all ears!

Sean

b00sted

He's Still Your President
Reaction score

Broke EF

Reaction score
It does seem to make the most sense to get a system rather than 4 or 5 separate tools. What do you guys think about 4 stroke engines for something like that? Worth it, not worth it, issues??

Sean

Tight Lines

Donating Member
Reaction score
[MENTION=945]daturbosix[/MENTION] do you sell any parts for JD tractors? I am looking for a steering cylinder for a JD 445. If you do, please let me know. Thanks.

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
[MENTION=945]daturbosix[/MENTION] do you sell any parts for JD tractors? I am looking for a steering cylinder for a JD 445. If you do, please let me know. Thanks.
me no have JD 400 series parts

but, im curious. why does it need replace? its very rare that they go bad and cant be resealed to fix a leak.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom