Launching an AWD/4WD

Been thinking about this a bit lately. I launch in 4WD hi. I was getting some shudder in the 60' so I put a set of Caltracs on. No mo shudder and helped my 60. Only thing is I am getting more front end lift than I want. My pig is lowered so with the additional lift during launch I have some concerns about gettin the CV joints straight and blowing 'em out AND I like havin my front tires snug on the ground out of the dig.

Was thinking of a couple routes to go - First slap some adjustable shocks on to keep everything as level as possible. Easy enough. Then I was watching some monster trucks the other night and bam - what about puttin some limiter straps on the front to keep it from rising up. That sound stupid? I never gave much thought to 4WD launching before, not really sure how to approach it...

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Toss limiters on it or just run it rwd and get a stickier tire out back. Less drivetrain loss in 2w vs 4w and then you want the weight transfer it is already doing. Run a 28"(stock is 30" or so?) tire out back, assuming you have a 4.10 gear. Will give you plenty of headroom in the trap speed if you want to make it faster.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• otter1363
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list