• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Largest tire size for mid-late 90s mustang with 17x9s

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Depends on the tire. They very manufacture to manufacture. Nitto, M&H and others run small compared to others. So look at the manufactures specs for their tires as well as rim width they used to get those measurements. Some may measure on a 8" versus another with a 9" rim.

But in general you are going to be in the 275 or 285 range. A 295 may fit on the wheel but may bulge too much for the owners liking.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
That is why I asked what type of wheel because the 03/04 Cobra wheels are 17x9's and can fit a 315 Nitto 555R.

^^correct, just as reference my 19 x 9 OEM rims can only fit a 285 rear.

A 9" wide wheel is a 9" wheel. As measured where the bead of the tire is installed. Unless their not actually giving exact specs or are measuring from a different location. In either case that will cause problems if that is happening.

scca_stang

Owns Assault Rifles
Dec 4, 2008
I know this is old info.....

but like deviantlx said, it also depends on fitment to the car....

for instance, if you are putting this on a 94-98 Mustang the rear axle is 1.5" shorter overall length than a 99-04 Mustang. so if fitment to the body is an issue something to consider....

as for fitment to a 9" wheel.... I have seen 315 Nittos on a 9" wheel and they seem to work fine...... but with a Goodyear or BFG, 285/295 Max.....

I ran 275 Nittos on 8" wheels and they work good..... I now run 275 BFG's on my 9" Cobra wheels with no issues at all (factory size for 03/04 Cobra was 275/40/17).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info