🔧 BUILD LAME Turbo V6 Camaro

General Information

Hello! Welcome to the shit show! I am updating this post in 2021 to explain what new readers are about to witness. If I knew that this thread and build were going to explode into what it is today, I would have started it out a lot different.

This car was (and still is) a basket case. The whole inspiration for starting this project was to start learning how to modify engines in a car that I didn't like. That way, if and when I screwed up, I wouldn't be ruining a nice car. It spiraled out of control from the first moment that I felt boost. I loved what I had created, but it took a ton of work to get to where I was. As soon as I got the car running nicely I was always saying "I'm going to fix______, and THEN I'll just enjoy driving it." You know the drill. Drive, break, fix, repeat! Before I knew it, I enjoyed driving and working on this turd more than the nice car I was trying to preserve!

The point is that the focus of this thread shifts A LOT. To complicate matters, I never have just one ongoing project open at a time. I listed some thread contents with links below. I will update this as new milestones or big updates happen. Just know that even if you click on the shortcut, you may have to scroll past other project posts to reveal the outcome. There are also some mini-projects and very helpful advice from other members in between, so read the whole dang thing if you want!

2018-2019
1. A late introduction
2. Discovering how a PCV works (and plugging it)
3. Custom grill for intercooler
4. Fuel pump trap door
5. Learning that I'll never learn anything from my goofy wide band gauge
6. Deleting AC completely, but retaining heat
7. Low profile heater hose fittings
8. Deleting an air bag without setting a light on the dash
9. Starting a second round of floor repairs
10. ABS delete and line lock installation
- A separate thread for the electrons
11. Installing catch cans with nice brackets (Way overkill)
12. Figuring out the "blow by" problem once and for all (F-body intake plug)
13. Second clutch job, first rear cover job, and preliminary transmission swap research
14. Floors are "done", and Interior is installed.
15. I don't know how to tune, but this wide band might help.
16. Poly trans mount. Yeah, it actually deserves a link.
17. I waved the tuning white flag. Dyno Brian sets me straight!
18. T5 Pro5.0 shifter
19. New shifter was too much fun. OG T5 explodes, and my transmission conversion ideas start to get serious.
-TKX conversion
-TKX swap official write-up
20. Reconfiguring my exhaust for a quieter and less leaky future
21. I'm not done enjoying this car for the year, so I install a $100 T5 instead of a bulletproof conversion. SPOILER ALERT: It only lasts two months.
22. Minor repairs/updates that make the car livable (lighting, stereo, speedometer re-zero, and a clutch master cylinder that actually does it's job!)
23. Wheels and addressing rust again since I got time!
24. Custom center caps
25. 1.9 roller rockers and LS6 springs
26. CAI V2.0
27. TKX is delayed so it's time to address the little annoyances.
-OE pan is junk. Dorman pan gets hot rodded
28. TKX is still delayed, so I install just one poly engine mount and beef up my flimsy turbo drain plumbing
29. TKX does NOT ship the following Monday. Flywheel bolts upgraded to ARP M10 x 1.0
30. When you're on a Chinese garbage budget, you better be ready to work harder. (Oil drain fitting hot rodding)
31. Finally repairing the oil sender pig tail, replacing the other engine mount, and test fitting the TKX.
32. Finally addressing rear brake lines while I wait for more transmission parts.
33. Modifying an ICM for a WOT box
34. Dash gets re-instrumented so that diagnostics become possible.
35. N2MB WOT box
36. Porked crank key. PSA: Be careful installing your balancer!
37. Car runs great after plug change, but the rear main seal needs to be changed again.
38. BURNOUT! Also, I kinda bought a cam.
39. Turbo drain finale (better be) and full exhaust commenced
40. Downpipe V3 and BMR strut tower brace
41. Panhard bar and relocation for bro truck exhaust
42. Muffler, driveshaft, torque arm, and giving up smoking.
43. First trip to the GS Nationals (feat. time slip)
44. The very custom AC project is born
45. New dyno results (up 50 hp!)
46. Exhaust hanger repair before Michigan/S.S. Badger/Wisconsin trip
47. Sizing a better turbo
48. Painting but still not installing the IS3 heads and Monster clutch unboxing
49. Firewall brace
50. New ECM
51. Out of storage and SC engine buy failure #3
52. Modified double roller and spitballing crankcase evac ideas
53. Completing the rear suspension. UMI rear control arms.
54. Cracked headers and L32 swap begins
55. My newest L32 was trash. I'm upgrading the L36 instead
56. Side project: The ultimate-ish intake manifold takes shape

Now back to 2018!
1688935182526.png

Now that this car is running and driving, I figured I would start a thread dedicated to all the questions I’m about to pummel this group with. This is the first time I've really built anything to move quicker than stock, so I'm hoping to learn a lot from you guys before I make unnecessary mistakes. I also have a thread in the Turbobuick.com 3800 section, but I'm not getting as much input there due to a lack of audience. Here goes nothing...

The car I have is a 2002 Camaro with only ONE factory option (rear window defogger). The story supposedly goes that my buddy's dad was looking forever for a new Camaro because he never buys anything for a penny more than the best deal. He almost ran out of time as this was the final model year for the F-body, and '03s were already on the market. The dealer from which he found this car bought it for the sole purpose of being able to advertise "Brand new Camaros for under $10k", so this was the one he took home.

Fast forward to 2018. The car was structurally a wreck from living in the rust belt, but has a great interior, okay black paint, a third pedal, a 3800 (which is a plus in my book), and a lot of sentimental value since I remember riding in it when it was brand new. My buddy’s dad handed me the keys in hopes that I would enjoy it and make it a race car. To be honest, I don’t care for F-bodies, but I couldn't resist this one for the reasons above despite knowing that the floors were in desperate need of existing again.

I already had my dream car which is a 1986 Buick Regal Grand National. As much as I love that car, I like it the way it is in fairly stock form and modifying Buicks has gotten terribly expensive anyway. I figured a black 3800 Camaro could easily fulfill my childhood dreams of racing a badass turbo Buick V6 car while being on a budget, so here I am.

The car is now equipped with:
-6765 ebay turbo
-Precision PW40 wastegate
-Custom turbo exhaust utilizing a stock Camaro and FWD manifolds
-Air to air ebay intercooler
-AEM 50-1200 fuel pump
-Siemens Deka 80# fuel injectors
-Open 3” downpipe
-Custom 3” charge pipes
-Intense mail order tune
-Very ugly but functional upright radiator conversion (the core support was all just rust anyway) :dunno:
-Custom space saving AC delete without bypass pulley
-Midwest Chassis bumper support modified to mount my intercooler
-Spec Stage 1 clutch kit

The car is far from refined and has a lot of little issues to sort out, but I will leave the first post as sort of an introduction to that. I hope you enjoy hearing about it. It’s been fun to build!

Cgge0Pb.jpg

uapwiw2.jpg

08tL6Rj.jpg

7zXNhuZ.jpg

PVLQyzg.jpg

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Holy Jack stands that had to take some pumpin to get that up there, that looks like the kinda neighborhood I'd get kicked of for doin a case relearn at 4 am tho
Yep. The car is supposed to be at ride height when you weld in subframe connectors, so the front is actually on ramps with 2x10s on top. I just decided to leave it there while I did the transmission to make things easier. The jack needed the help of a scrap 2x4.

Reactions: Rdrnnr

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
Yep. The car is supposed to be at ride height when you weld in subframe connectors, so the front is actually on ramps with 2x10s on top. I just decided to leave it there while I did the transmission to make things easier. The jack needed the help of a scrap 2x4.
Niiice, looked higher than that from the angle. I need to take some plywood and 2x4s and build some small side ramps for my scissor lift. I get tire of slappin the bottom of the k member on the puller for the safety latch and havin to take the pads off and tuck the arms down low to even get over it. Not even for just my stuff but cars that come into the shop. Scissor lift isn't exactly convenient for tranny work tho but I probably should get that done in short order and make my life easier. Wanna get mine back in the shop and start pullin the top off of her and get goin on real stuff tonight. Need to get what I need off the camaro situated so I can get it back together and that this point I'm probably gonna button it back up na and let it go to cover my latest round of bs

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
JB Weld can fix a lot of things.
1615337610747.png

1615337643575.png

1615337669637.png

Thanks for the tips Turbocharged400sbc Turbocharged400sbc. The JB weld fixed the spinning issue with the captured bolt. Then I still needed a washer to make up space made by the worn out spring. At that point, the feeder was no longer slipping but getting bogged down. Blowing the feed hose with compressed air made is as smooth as butter. Too bad I have nothing to weld now. ?

Reactions: Rdrnnr and GTPpower

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Mattstrike Mattstrike where you at? Remember how you told me to "CAI that shit"? and "Hot air intakes went out of style with hooped skirts and lacey underwear"? :ROFLMAO: Yeah, that stuck with me. I'm not particularly thrilled about having this 3 foot turbulence tube as an intake. However, I can't imagine that the unfavorable flow characteristics are worse than elevated IATs from sucking air behind the radiator in an engine bay that's already known for heat soak issues. Let me know what you all think. If anything, I like the look better. I may be alone in that regard, but it restores the wannabe GN look I was aiming for initially. The other positive is that this tube is a true 3" even when it's compressed or bent. My old one from Spectre was more like 2.5- 2.75"
1615467391747.png

1615467501192.png

Stop looking at my rust! I know it's bad!

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
Mattstrike Mattstrike where you at? Remember how you told me to "CAI that shit"? and "Hot air intakes went out of style with hooped skirts and lacey underwear"? [emoji23] Yeah, that stuck with me. I'm not particularly thrilled about having this 3 foot turbulence tube as an intake. However, I can't imagine that the unfavorable flow characteristics are worse than elevated IATs from sucking air behind the radiator in an engine bay that's already known for heat soak issues. Let me know what you all think. If anything, I like the look better. I may be alone in that regard, but it restores the wannabe GN look I was aiming for initially. The other positive is that this tube is a true 3" even when it's compressed or bent. My old one from Spectre was more like 2.5- 2.75"
View attachment 83183

View attachment 83185
Stop looking at my rust! I know it's bad!
All you can do is watch your iats and see if it helps. If your gonna have it down there get a water guard sock on it. I know you pry won't have it out in the rain but it's added protection from rocks and stuff too. My thoughts on that is your intercooler placement and flow should have as big of impact as your initial filter placement. My iat sensor is out of a vortec 5.7 tapped into the intake so it heat soaks like a bitch. Even if it hits 170ish from heat soak on idle I get out and goose it and it drops real quick to 100 or below and my placement on the camaro sucked. I wanna experiment on this bird and see if I mount it in front of the radiator and let the fans pull through if that could potentially help even more or if I should go back to just leaving it open or having its own fan on it and maybe building its own shroud to pull air through. Need to get some sheet metal out of my hvac buddies one of these days.

The m90 guys are probably more critical about heat than we are but I'm sure it's still a big factor. However I 0 out the iat tables to keep it simple anyway. I'm sure I'll find out I'm in the wrong here for that tho lol

Reactions: v6buicks

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Yeah, mines up in the intake right behind the throttle body where the EGR used to go. 170 though?? That's insane. I only recall seeing mine go up to about 140. Mine generally went down to just a little over ambient on a warm day though. I guess E85 is good stuff. lol Then again, the GN rarely gets above 130 with it's CAI.

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
Yeah, mines up in the intake right behind the throttle body where the EGR used to go. 170 though?? That's insane. I only recall seeing mine go up to about 140. Mine generally went down to just a little over ambient on a warm day though. I guess E85 is good stuff. lol Then again, the GN rarely gets above 130 with it's CAI.
Your turbos also flipped my intake side sits right over the wastegate hence that little shield I put underneath the filter to try and curve some of it. It did help some but it'll help alot more when I get it covered in heat tape too. Looked at tryin to flip mine like yours and I don't think it's gonna be possible unless I can gut the turbo and swap my housings side to side. May kill my dreams of keepin ac but least I won't chop my hvac box up this time. Give and take. I'll tell ya on corn when I get to it I just haven't really got that far yet.View attachment 83208
Snapchat-800570577.jpg

Reactions: v6buicks

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I would personally go for a bigger tube. M90's see a gain going from 3" to 4" pipe, so I would think a better compressor would see more pressure drop in there. You could plumb a vacuum gauge in there to see if it's big enough.
Hmmm interesting. Well shit. I'll try checking with a vacuum gauge at some point then. For now, this is going to stay. I think making a 3.5" or 4" hose fit in there without changing the compressor housing to one with a bigger inlet or cutting a big hole under the fuse block is going to look a bit ugly. I might just have to wait until I can get a turbo with a bigger inlet. That brings up another point. SC vs. turbo. The SC inlet is pretty big. Turbo inlets are only as big as the face of the wheel which is quite a bit smaller than the pipe that runs into it. What's up with that?

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I have to remind myself occasionally that this is a cruiser, and not a strict drag car chasing every single hp.

I just went down a deep, dark rabbit hole. A stock gen 5 is 75mm. So, figure on a stock engine on 6 psi. Also, take an engine with a 75 mm (compressor inducer) turbo on it at 6 psi instead of the blower. From what I'm able to calculate, they both are flowing similar amounts of air at that pressure. But the turbo makes a lot more power since the compressor isn't heating up the air so much, and it's not taking 60hp to drive it. The turbo probably makes 100 more hp or more at that level, and it just gets worse as they turn up. The turbo gets into the sweet spot on its map, and the m90 just heats the air more and takes more power to drive.

So, long story short, I don't think the inlet volume flow is as different as it initially seems.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I have to remind myself occasionally that this is a cruiser, and not a strict drag car chasing every single hp.

I just went down a deep, dark rabbit hole. A stock gen 5 is 75mm. So, figure on a stock engine on 6 psi. Also, take an engine with a 75 mm (compressor inducer) turbo on it at 6 psi instead of the blower. From what I'm able to calculate, they both are flowing similar amounts of air at that pressure. But the turbo makes a lot more power since the compressor isn't heating up the air so much, and it's not taking 60hp to drive it. The turbo probably makes 100 more hp or more at that level, and it just gets worse as they turn up. The turbo gets into the sweet spot on its map, and the m90 just heats the air more and takes more power to drive.

So, long story short, I don't think the inlet volume flow is as different as it initially seems.
Great to know! I do want to go faster and hurt some feelings or course, but I'm definitely placing reliability, serviceability, and fun over speed. I want to be able to drive this thing everywhere for months at a time and not worry about a thing. That's why I'm really itching for flex fuel. I'm scared to drive this car places if I can't guarantee that there's E85 along the way. I'm strongly considering Microsquirt for this one at some point because I'm starting to get good at wiring and their diagrams look really easy. Plus the tuning support is a lot stronger than HP for 3800s or DHP. We'll see. Transmission first!

Reactions: Rdrnnr and GTPpower

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020

Man idk maybe 100hp on paper cuz on 6 to 8 pounds 100 horse is probably all id gained by goin turbo. Albeit my camaro never really was right and I doubt it was really getting all the boost it should've been, if it was man that turbo had to be zingin and I'm sure it was anyway the way the hotside looked.

As far as flex fuel I had an interesting conversation with a guy about the po5 pcm on the gen5 m90 cars. Pins different but does that pcm have flex capability? Maybe a guy could jack a harness too?

I've kicked around the idea of microsquirt but I'm more inclined to look at platforms I already know, still say it'd be bitchin to wire an e38 or e92 to one of these and play pedal control but it's really just overcomplicating things without vvt and such

Reactions: GTPpower

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Man idk maybe 100hp on paper cuz on 6 to 8 pounds 100 horse is probably all id gained by goin turbo. Albeit my camaro never really was right and I doubt it was really getting all the boost it should've been, if it was man that turbo had to be zingin and I'm sure it was anyway the way the hotside looked.

As far as flex fuel I had an interesting conversation with a guy about the po5 pcm on the gen5 m90 cars. Pins different but does that pcm have flex capability? Maybe a guy could jack a harness too?

I've kicked around the idea of microsquirt but I'm more inclined to look at platforms I already know, still say it'd be bitchin to wire an e38 or e92 to one of these and play pedal control but it's really just overcomplicating things without vvt and such

A stock gtp will put about 200hp to the wheels. Think you were around 300?

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
A stock gtp will put about 200hp to the wheels. Think you were around 300?
30 or 31ish on the maf so rough crank. Maybe 250ish to the wheels bein generous? I spose that's still a gain and that's on 8 and a halfish so I'd think it to be ballpark where your thinkin. Maybe if it had been buttoned up instead of havin the issues it did it'd get close to that kinda spread but then circle back around to my iats doin their best Willie Nelson impression and I'm probably lucky it made what it did

Reactions: GTPpower

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I know I've been telling myself a couple reasons as to why my oil always looks terrible, but blaming condensation from E85 and a vented PVC system just isn't cutting it for me anymore. If I continue driving the car with this vanilla looking oil, I'm going to start wiping out bearings. This is a grainy looking sample of what it l drained last night.
1615550671700.png

While I was under there, I started chasing down my oil leaks. I have two new suspects on that as well. I really don't want to screw around with doing another oil pan and/or gasket, and I'm willing to bet that yet another turbo drain seal and rear cover gasket are going to solve both of my issues. That Chinese drain fitting I bought is leaking where it meets the turbo and you can follow wetness all the way down to the pan. I'm almost thinking that another paper gasket would do a better job because I can't even guarantee that the Chinese turbo flange surface is flat enough for a face seal oring. Worth a shot.

Anyway... after about 15 minutes worth of sifting through the pages of this thread I finally came back to this post to finish typing it out. I guess I never asked for advice regarding the rear cover despite the reservations I was having. Remember this from page 14?
1615552768265.png
1615552782773.png

Pepperidge Farms remembers!

Yeah, I was laying under the car and actually noticed a drip fall from the flywheel cover which is wild since the car hasn't been started in days. Then I remembered those funky bolts with the disintegrating plastic sleeves around them. I was talking to a buddy who says that the plastic is for alignment which is actually pretty critical. I had no idea. I suppose having the majority of those sleeves fall apart could be causing my external leaks as well as a slow coolant leak into the oil. This would also explain why I seem to be a hair low on coolant every couple months.

Now what? I was planning on taking the flywheel off anyway so that's good, but where on earth can I find those rear cover bolts? Can I just get the alignment sleeves? This may have to be a separate topic in the 3800 discussion. Please advise!

The fun didn't stop. I started getting ready to pull the T5 out. I broke the power stud off the starter solenoid. :mad: Luckily I have a brand new one in the basement. I also found that my over axle brake lines finally started leaking too. The fun never ends!

Reactions: GTPpower and Rdrnnr

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I did a quick google, and found this picture from Fiero.nl. I guess these little sleeves are meant to help hold the cover in place but not necessarily align it? Then you still need to align the cover yourself with a straight edge on the bottom of the block. In other words, I severely screwed this up last time by not removing the oil pan adn attempting to "align" it by smashing the cover down against the pan. :nono:
1615554852126.png

SO FUCK

I now I have to do a rear cover gasket, rear main seal, AND an oil pan gasket.

Thinking about everything I need to do are causing me to look at the complete picture again.
-Lift engine
-Drop K-member
-Replace oil pan gasket
-Replace rear cover gasket/rear main
-Drill/tap crank
-Replace brake lines
-Pioneer a transmission conversion

No, I'm not giving up on the car! I don't have cold feet. However, this perfect storm I have sounds like a recipe for an out-of-frame service. The brake lines need to be opened anyway, and the TKX is almost 100lbs heavier than the T5 which I already have issues with lifting on my own. :oops: I'm not going to lie though. I'm scared. That's a biiiig can of worms for this car since I swore that the K-member would never be removed without a tubular k-member and front suspension to replace it My shit is way too rusty to put back in. I also swore that I wouldn't remove it without being prepared to do serious rust remediation to the engine bay. Yikes. Please talk me out of it. lol

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
I did a quick google, and found this picture from Fiero.nl. I guess these little sleeves are meant to help hold the cover in place but not necessarily align it? Then you still need to align the cover yourself with a straight edge on the bottom of the block. In other words, I severely screwed this up last time by not removing the oil pan adn attempting to "align" it by smashing the cover down against the pan. :nono:
View attachment 83289

SO FUCK

I now I have to do a rear cover gasket, rear main seal, AND an oil pan gasket.

Thinking about everything I need to do are causing me to look at the complete picture again.
-Lift engine
-Drop K-member
-Replace oil pan gasket
-Replace rear cover gasket/rear main
-Drill/tap crank
-Replace brake lines
-Pioneer a transmission conversion

No, I'm not giving up on the car! I don't have cold feet. However, this perfect storm I have sounds like a recipe for an out-of-frame service. The brake lines need to be opened anyway, and the TKX is almost 100lbs heavier than the T5 which I already have issues with lifting on my own. :oops: I'm not going to lie though. I'm scared. That's a biiiig can of worms for this car since I swore that the K-member would never be removed without a tubular k-member and front suspension to replace it My shit is way too rusty to put back in. I also swore that I wouldn't remove it without being prepared to do serious rust remediation to the engine bay. Yikes. Please talk me out of it. lol
Might as well drop a double roller and whatever cam these guys think is best in while your at it. Sell those squeaky yet pretty 1.9s. Gonna have you a brand new badass car when your done

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Might as well drop a double roller and whatever cam these guys think is best in while your at it. Sell those squeaky yet pretty 1.9s. Gonna have you a brand new badass car when your done
That was what one of my buddies was trying to tell me. I don't have the money to be buying a timing set, cam, lifters, springs (again), and associated gaskets. By the time I'm done I will have spent a grand which is not in the budget. The engine works fine as it is. If I pull it I might put the stock rockers in it while it's out, but that would be it.

I think I've talked myself out of it. Doing so would be the correct answer for somebody with a lift or a bigger shop space. However, I know how I operate. When I see something wrong, I act on it. After all the time I spend building stands for the body and yanking this assembly, I know that I'm going to want to start screwing around with the rust that the engine buries, and the car will for sure be stuck in the garage all summer. Then I risk losing interest in it. These jobs might suck to do on the floor, but I'll get over it.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I think the majority of transmission jacks on the market are a terrible design. They either dont hold the trans well enough or hold on so tight. Plus, it's another thing to store. I got an idea and made my own.

PXL_20210312_205346727.jpg

PXL_20210312_205719878.jpg

Big enough threads to hold something strong but not so big that I lose the key hole.
PXL_20210312_210446684.jpg

PXL_20210312_210548020.jpg

PXL_20210312_211318217.MP.jpg

After connecting four very tight bungee cords, I wiggled the T5 of the dowls and down it came! It honestly didn't even feel sketchy. It was for sure the quickest T5 removal I've do e yet.
PXL_20210312_213400651.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
The sleeves are just a plastic glue gun type glue to hold the bolts in the cover so that they are in place for engine assembly as the parts come to the build station in the assembly tray. It just plain Cuts time when a machine installs the bolts and all the person has to do is please sit and have the machine Titan them.

It doesn't have to be perfectly flush to the pan rail both the early and later rear main seals have a good amount of elasticity to compensate for .010 misalignment.

The milky oil that's very likely an internal coolant leak which means either the timing cover the rear cover or the intake. Do you remember when this issue started showing up was it after you had done any one of those services in particular question

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
The sleeves are just a plastic glue gun type glue to hold the bolts in the cover so that they are in place for engine assembly as the parts come to the build station in the assembly tray. It just plain Cuts time when a machine installs the bolts and all the person has to do is please sit and have the machine Titan them.

It doesn't have to be perfectly flush to the pan rail both the early and later rear main seals have a good amount of elasticity to compensate for .010 misalignment.

The milky oil that's very likely an internal coolant leak which means either the timing cover the rear cover or the intake. Do you remember when this issue started showing up was it after you had done any one of those services in particular question
I've never done the front cover. I really don't remember when the milky oil started. It seems like it's been that way since I first started running E85 which would mean it happened after I did intake gaskets.

Thread Info