Drag to reposition cover

LAME Turbo V6 Camaro

OP
v6buicks

v6buicks

Reaction score
Ha, that's why I stopped tuning local cars. I was doing it for fun but so many trolls in the community I just stopped doing it.
Yeah I don't blame you. It's always the tuner's fault. I got so tired of hearing "I dropped my pulley down to a 3.0 and bought a copy/paste tune. I did half a cannon ball run and now I only have 4 cylinders. That tuner sucks"

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Being a full time tuner has to suck. MFs bring you their halfway put together shit all the time and expect you to make magic out of it and then get all pissed off when you tell them all the shit they have to fix before they'll tune it.

"what do you mean it's not safe, I've been driving it like this for 3 weeks and have had ZERO problems" - All people

GTPpower

Reaction score
Can you be without the car for a couple weeks? There are a few people that do remote tuning of you can mail them your pcm.

OP
v6buicks

v6buicks

Reaction score
Can you be without the car for a couple weeks? There are a few people that do remote tuning of you can mail them your pcm.
Yeah, but I tried that already. It went very poorly, and the ECM ended up being sent to someone else after waiting a couple months to get it back. Then when I opened the file it was still garbage.

Plus, I'm too salty about spending $650 on tuning equipment just to not get the car tuned.

GTPpower

Reaction score
Yeah, but I tried that already. It went very poorly, and the ECM ended up being sent to someone else after waiting a couple months to get it back. Then when I opened the file it was still garbage.

Plus, I'm too salty about spending $650 on tuning equipment just to not get the car tuned.
You just sent it to intense though, right? He doesn't know what he is doing.

OP
v6buicks

v6buicks

Reaction score
You just sent it to intense though, right? He doesn't know what he is doing.
He was the second guy I sent it to. I don't want to trash the name of the first guy. I'm pretty sure he used to be a member here, but my car barely ran on his tune.

m_dogg

Reaction score
You can try that dude Dyno Brian from 3800 pro or whatever his name is.

GTPpower

Reaction score
He was the second guy I sent it to. I don't want to trash the name of the first guy. I'm pretty sure he used to be a member here, but my car barely ran on his tune.
You would need to find someone that can tune it with dhp. All the Dyno shops probably use hpt, so they won't be able to help you any.

Want me to mail you my powrtuner to use?

OP
v6buicks

v6buicks

Reaction score
You would need to find someone that can tune it with dhp. All the Dyno shops probably use hpt, so they won't be able to help you any.

Want me to mail you my powrtuner to use?
I mean, if you're willing to do that I'd be super grateful! I just don't know how quickly I could finish everything I need to do. I'm still pretty clueless. It produces standard file types though right? That way everyone here could open and see what's going on?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
IIRC it opens in excel.

GTPpower

Reaction score
I mean, if you're willing to do that I'd be super grateful! I just don't know how quickly I could finish everything I need to do. I'm still pretty clueless. It produces standard file types though right? That way everyone here could open and see what's going on?
It creates .bin files. You need the powrtuner software to open the files, which anyone can get.

It's kind of a pain to get it all to work properly though. And it's super slow and not the most stable software in the world.

OP
v6buicks

v6buicks

Reaction score
It creates .bin files. You need the powrtuner software to open the files, which anyone can get.

It's kind of a pain to get it all to work properly though. And it's super slow and not the most stable software in the world.
I'll send you a message.

GTPpower

Reaction score
You should email Dyno brian

OP
v6buicks

v6buicks

Reaction score
I used dyno Brian before. He is a good dude. Works hard and makes sure things are right.
For remote tunes? How does it work? Do I have to send him my ECM every time I need a change or can I just send logs and he tells me what I need to do?

Sorry, I know I could ask him all the same stuff, but I'd feel weird emailing him "Hi, I'm Jon. Some friends online said I should talk to you." Lol

OP
v6buicks

v6buicks

Reaction score
Yeeeaaahhhhh.... I've been waiting for someone to say something like this because these sort of thoughts have been through my head already. I'm not piggy backing shit though. If HP and DHP can't get me where I need to be with this ECM I'm ditching all of it and going with a Holly EFI. It looks like a fairly simple conversion from my understanding.

But damn does it piss me off to no end that my car is listed as a "supported vehicle" by HPT when in reality I'm still tuck in mud until I get another tuner to complete the job. To me that's unacceptable not only on HPs part, but my part as somebody who just wasted $650. I'm willing to fork some extra money for DHP because shame on me. However, I'm too stubborn to let somebody else tune the car at this point. I've done just about everything else myself and there was no point in spending money on the software if I'm just going to send the car out anyway.

Not to mention that I'm 2 for 2 on garbage tunes from other people. That makes my grand total of wasted money on tuning about $850. That's too hard of a pill to swallow right now. There's nothing I can sell to recoup and nothing to show for my troubles, so the car will collect dust until I either get over it or find different plans.

I'm not quitting, but I mentioned once before that I need a break from this pile. It's been too small of a reward for too much money and effort.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
For remote tunes? How does it work? Do I have to send him my ECM every time I need a change or can I just send logs and he tells me what I need to do?

Sorry, I know I could ask him all the same stuff, but I'd feel weird emailing him "Hi, I'm Jon. Some friends online said I should talk to you." Lol
Unfortunately not for a remote tune. He tuned my car in person. He is a helpful guy though, reach out to him and he will be able to answer all your questions.

GTPpower

Reaction score
He might be able to see if you can get the proper pe tables via dhp or tiny tuner.

You also could email hpt. Sometimes they will add parameters for people.

OP
v6buicks

v6buicks

Reaction score
He might be able to see if you can get the proper pe tables via dhp or tiny tuner.

You also could email hpt. Sometimes they will add parameters for people.
I've heard that getting HP to anything for oddball V6 stuff is a lost cause now days. It's supposedly not worth their time since the amount of people to benefit from it it too small which I understand.

If I have the PE tables changed by someone else will I ever have to tweak them again down the road? Do GTPs have the same issues I have or are their PE tables just good as-is? I kinda wanted this car to progress. It's not "done" once it's tuned. You know what I mean?

I have more and more questions every time I revisit this car, and it's really starting to get overwhelming. I'll stop bugging you guys with them and email this Brian guy tomorrow.

GTPpower

Reaction score
They do sometimes make changes for the v6 guys though. I read about it from time to time.

The gtp's had access to the or tables, but it kind of looks like they went through a software update that got rid of them. I'm not sure though....my laptop fried, so I'm still trying to complete my new setup.

Let me know what Brian says. I can send you my dhp, but it's so hard to setup, it may just end up being another headache for you.

OP
v6buicks

v6buicks

Reaction score
They do sometimes make changes for the v6 guys though. I read about it from time to time.

The gtp's had access to the or tables, but it kind of looks like they went through a software update that got rid of them. I'm not sure though....my laptop fried, so I'm still trying to complete my new setup.

Let me know what Brian says. I can send you my dhp, but it's so hard to setup, it may just end up being another headache for you.
Ahhh do you mean the ECM or HP? Is there any way to revert back?

I appreciate that. I'll let you know.

GTPpower

Reaction score
Ahhh do you mean the ECM or HP? Is there any way to revert back?

I appreciate that. I'll let you know.
Hptuners. I can get older versions of the software, but it could just be my imagination as well. I haven't had time to dig into it because I have no tune files on this laptop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom