Lake Cumberland Boating last week in the fermerller

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
so yanked the boat down to Lake Cumberland and did some boatering.

pw5uYiDh.jpg

5Ds2auOh.jpg

~9.6 mpg 70-80 mph going down. which is livable and not that bad- our work diesels get similar mileage pulling our enclosed trailer half the weight :rofl:

truck didn't feel strained or down on power even in the hills. truck would downshift and boogie.

had factory tow controller set at 6 (out of 10) and never felt shoved or anything- worth mentioning, my boat trailer unusually has electric brakes.

trailer weight as best as i can guess... boat is ~5500 dry, trailer is probably 2k, then probably 2k worth of gas/batteries/fluids/gear/etc so probably just under 10k lbs or right about there.

Lake Cumberland is massive, like crazy massive.

For more than 50 years people have been visiting Lake Cumberland and enjoying the many things it has to offer. Its shoreline measures 1,255 miles and spreads over 65,530 acres. The reservoir ranks 9th in the U.S. in size. Lake Cumberland contains the capacity of water to cover the entire commonwealth of Kentucky with 3 inches of water. The main lake is 101 miles long and over one mile across at its widest point and is one of the largest man-made lakes in the nation, reaching Russell, Clinton, Laurel, McCreary, Pulaski and Wayne Counties in South Central Kentucky.

The shoreline of Lake Cumberland — at the theoretically maximum possible elevation of water — is 1,255 miles.
The coastline of Florida, not including islands, is 770 miles in length.
The total Atlantic coastline of the United States from Maine to the tip of Florida is 2,069 miles.
The total Pacific coastline of the continental U.S. (California, Oregon and Washington) is 1,293 miles.

first day we went from conley bottom to state dock which is around 22 miles at minimum one way.

yFiXr8W.jpg

PTMk2ayh.jpg

nHhCmjyh.jpg

8WlHXqLh.jpg

dzgeesxh.jpg

oCsKsDZh.jpg

KtMYkryh.jpg

after lunch we headed further west and floated in a cove

GQd5By7h.jpg

the next day we headed east and up some long creek to lees ford marina

TPJnMeHh.jpg

MoMDq43h.jpg

lXtUdHth.jpg

sXSN8jw.jpg

t43XwMj.jpg

ykBPqVB.jpg

:rofl: :eek3:

this bro pulled his hobie cat mast into a powerline and didn't die somehow. so good for him.

9jOcArwh.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
[MENTION=1983]Outlaw[/MENTION] you'd love it. bring da big boat.

offshore boat paradise fo sho

also, did i see italian ice getting pulled on like i80 yesterday possibly?

Yep you did, that was me. I was taking it out to Mitcher T to have some paint fixed, he originally painted the boat.

I plan on doing Cumberland and LOTO next season.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Stupid question, but I assume you slept on your boat?

not dumb at all, we didn't.

could have, and we were thinking we might, but i found a cabin a quarter mile away, and just got an overnight slip for the boat to float in.

it'd be possible to sleep in it of course, but probably not the comfiest being my height.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I love Lake Cumberland. Been there probably have a dozen times. Two times on houseboat rentals.

We were parked in Harmon Party Cove the first time I was on a houseboat. It was 78ft off the back of the boat that was tied to shore. I kept thinking about what kind of river monsters were at those depths. :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info