l0wb00st's first rifle build V. AR pistol

l0wb00st

Overbuild It, Or Don't Build It!
Reaction score
So I've always wanted an AR, but once I had my motorcycle accident and lost use of my right arm I didn't think I could ever really own one. I was talking with a friend of mine (Stan5050 on here) and he suggested I build an AR pistol. After a little research, and a lot of help from him, I started ordering parts today! My main goal was to have a 5.56 that I could use one handed. I wanted to keep it light weight, buy good parts (not necessarily the best, but still good) but also try to stay under $1000 total.

I will try to take as many pictures as I can once all of the parts come in. As of today, we should have all the parts needed except a stock, magazines, charging handle and sights. Here is the parts list so far:

Anderson stripped AR lower
Anderson AR Lower Receiver Parts Kit
AIM AR/M16 .223/5.56 NiB 9310 MPI Bolt Carrier Group
Bravo Company KMR ALPHA 10in. KeyMod Rail
Faxon Socom 10.5" 5.56/.223 Caliber 4150 CMV Steel AR Barrel
Magpul MOE SL Grip
Pro-Fab Forged A3 Flat Top Upper Receiver
Spike's Tactical Pistol Length Melonited Gas Tube

I am going to get the Sig arm brace for the stock, and can't decide if I want to break budget and get a Trijicon MRO sight, or just get some flip-up sights for now.

So far i'm into the build $602. Will keep you guys updated as the parts come in and we start the build. Needless to say, I'm super excited! :jg:

Pics:

BCG:

Barrel

Upper

Bravo Rail

Last edited:

l0wb00st

Reaction score

stan5050

Reaction score
The idea for this build was to get his feet wet but not skimp on the important stuff. Plus introduce him to BCM so that his next build will be all Bravo lol

Outlaw

Reaction score
BCM is good shit. [MENTION=2616]Chester Copperpot[/MENTION] turned me on to them.

l0wb00st

Reaction score
Update: Got a bunch of parts in. The Stock, buffer tube, and spring should come in tomorrow. I will also be picking up the lower from GAT tomorrow.
Budget Update: All of the parts (minus sights) came to a total of $819.14. That is also including 3 Magpul magazines that I haven't mentioned before. I bit the bullet and bought a Trijicon MRO sight. Found it new with mount for $425, which brings my grand total up to $1244.14.

BCG:

Barrel

Upper

Bravo Rail

l0wb00st

Reaction score
Update: We started building yesterday. We got the lower assembled (minus buffer), and the upper mocked up (need the vice block which we'll get thursday) so we can torque the barrel. We ran into a couple of problems. The Gas tube that I bought was too short, and the front take-down/pivot pin was too large. Not sure how that happened. But we went to Rguns today and got the correct gas tube and a new pin that is the correct size. The rail ends right at the end of the threads of the barrel. So only the flash hider will protrude from the rail

Gas Tube too short

Partially assembled lower

Tomorrow we'll assemble the buffer/tube, and then Thursday we'll finish everything except mounting the sights (still waiting in the mail)

l0wb00st

Reaction score
Update: We finished it all up yesterday. Got everything torqued down and ready. Still waiting on my MRO sight in the mail, and yesterday Palmetto state had a sale, 1000rds of PMC X-tac 5.56 and 10 magpull pmags for $369.99. So I jumped on that. I'll probably be selling some of the mags, so if anyone needs some brand new magpull 5.56 magazines, let me know!

l0wb00st

Reaction score
I didn't check, they might be first gen? I can let you know when they come in

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Reaction score
Why are you selling the mags? You should have minimum 10 per rifle.

For reference, I have 500 or so mags. They are a consumable item.

stan5050

Reaction score
He will have 10 mags for this still... hi caps are not in jeopardy right now and even if shtf, you won't be carrying all 500 of yours either

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom