• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Knock Sensor & Oil Pressure sender replacement on my 2007 Sierra & maintenance

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Knock Sensor & Oil Pressure sender replacement on my 2007 Sierra & maintenance

I need to replace these in my truck- the oil pressure gauge is pegged and the knock sensor is throwing a code.

any tidbits or anything to know/replace as well when doing this?

additionally i was going to throw new plugs in it... (i'd almost assume they are original :eek3:...) what should i put in it to replace them? just want good mpg...

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Yeah I replaced these before on a friend's GM truck. The usual cause of the knock sensor failure was water intrusion into the knock sensor wells if I recall correctly. So, make sure to seal the little plastic/rubber cover with some RTV around the edge and the center where the wire goes through after you have replaced the knock sensors, and glob on some dielectric grease for the connector. It sure is a stupid design that you have to remove the intake manifold in order to replace them.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Well, if your taking it apart you might as well. You got quite few miles so Id guess they'll be pretty beat.

sounds good.

im at 173k as of today.

Yeah I replaced these before on a friend's GM truck. The usual cause of the knock sensor failure was water intrusion into the knock sensor wells if I recall correctly. So, make sure to seal the little plastic/rubber cover with some RTV around the edge and the center where the wire goes through after you have replaced the knock sensors, and glob on some dielectric grease for the connector. It sure is a stupid design that you have to remove the intake manifold in order to replace them.

yeah that is what i've read as well, which would make even more sense from when my heater hose broked off and shot coolant everywhere from the firewall.

great info thank you.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
I have to do plugs and a filter on the grand am soon. I know I am going to have to cut the old filter out. ugh

Maybe not, the one in the grand am is tucked up in there and stays pretty dry, I just did the one on my in-laws without issue. Make sure you drop the charcoal canister down from the body, gives you 5x as much space to work, and is only held in with one bolt...

And to KJ, put some NGK iridiums (should be Tr5ix if tr5s are normal )in the bitch when I was NA they were epic, better idle and about .7 mpg increase (vs 104s using pump math, not the DIC numbers) plus GM uses iridiums or double platinums on all their cars for a while now, the OEM plugs should last 75 - 100k

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Maybe not, the one in the grand am is tucked up in there and stays pretty dry, I just did the one on my in-laws without issue. Make sure you drop the charcoal canister down from the body, gives you 5x as much space to work, and is only held in with one bolt...

And to KJ, put some NGK iridiums (should be Tr5ix if tr5s are normal )in the bitch when I was NA they were epic, better idle and about .7 mpg increase (vs 104s using pump math, not the DIC numbers) plus GM uses iridiums or double platinums on all their cars for a while now, the OEM plugs should last 75 - 100k

i ordered deeeze

Amazon.com: ACDelco 41-110 Professional Iridium Spark Plug, Pack of 1: Automotive

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich

When I did the fuel pump I was going to do the filter naturally NOPE fuckin thing is crusty

And I just got some stock 41-105's for the GA. The originals were in there and the gap was blown out to .070 :rofl:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
When I did the fuel pump I was going to do the filter naturally NOPE fuckin thing is crusty

And I just got some stock 41-105's for the GA. The originals were in there and the gap was blown out to .070 :rofl:

PB blast it every day for a week, then try. Once to break the torque, work the nut back and forth 1/5 turn a few times, back out a turn, repeat. It will come out. Have some faith and take your time.... Or cut that shit with a pipe cutter, double screw clamp some rubber hose in there and be done in 10 minutes like a Fucking bauce. Aint nobody got time to spend fixing crap cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info