3800 Knock after 3.25 pulley install....

markymarc

Regular
Dec 17, 2008
I had the ZZP pulley system installed with a 3.25 pulley. After a scan while driving, I am getting 4-6 degrees of knock at 80% throttle. Obviously I need to do something. My current mods are:

3.25 pulley
Thrasher CAI
Intense 1.9's
Ceramic TOG's
DHP
MSD Wires
180 Thermo
Ubend

I am guessing that colder plugs are a must, but what else can I do to reduce knock? Should I see Charles to have my fuel mapping increased? The scan showed that I was running lean at certain points.

The car hauls ass like you wouldn't believe, but I am taking it easy until this issue is resolved. What level of knock is safe or acceptable, given these mods?

Any help is appreciated.

superchargedgp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 11, 2008
Originally posted by markymarc@Oct 22 2004, 08:59 AM
I had the ZZP pulley system installed with a 3.25 pulley.  After a scan while driving, I am getting 4-6 degrees of knock at 80% throttle.  Obviously I need to do something.  My current mods are:

3.25 pulley
Thrasher CAI
Intense 1.9's
Ceramic TOG's
DHP
MSD Wires
180 Thermo
Ubend

I am guessing that colder plugs are a must, but what else can I do to reduce knock?  Should I see Charles to have my fuel mapping increased?  The scan showed that I was running lean at certain points. 

The car hauls ass like you wouldn't believe, but I am taking it easy until this issue is resolved.  What level of knock is safe or acceptable, given these mods?

Any help is appreciated.
[snapback]57700[/snapback]​

do you get knock at WOT?

S

sr71_rgl

I'm suprised you're getting any KR at all w/your mods. Like Mike said, are you getting KR at WOT? Colder plugs like a-lite 104s would probably cure all your KR. 4* of KR at WOT isn't going to hurt the motor in this weather but come summer time and 80*+ temps that KR will double. Try the plugs and post your results.

markymarc

Regular
Dec 17, 2008
I am going to have 104's dropped in, to see if that helps. Yesterday I drove downtown to work on I90 in the cold air and loved it. The car pulls like a mo fo now. I thought this would be it for mods, but who am I kidding? Is the new ILGPC IC going to be released next year? I am thinking that is next for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info