Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

As a gifted young football athlete from Bristol, Connecticut, Aaron Hernandez had capitalized rapidly on his promise, playing for a top tier college program before being drafted into the National Football League at the age of 20. But in 2013, fresh off of a newly inked five-year, $40 million contract with the New England Patriots, Hernandez would become a household name for the most infamous murder case involving an American athlete since OJ Simpson. Hernandez’s trials for the brutal killing of Odin Lloyd and two Boston-area men yielded a Pandora’s box of secrets: a tumultuous and often abusive upbringing, a growing fascination with gang life, and other discoveries that painted a maelstrom of motivations behind his violent behavior.

• Wow
Reactions: DEEZUZ

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Here's a guy that threw it all away just to act 'gangsta'...he could have easily walked away from every negative influence.

I get it that the dude was sexually abused as a kid, and he had developed stage 3 CTE...but shit. He had everything.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I watched the first 2 part documentary on Hernandez when it came out, and the only thing that shocked me is how foolishly he handled things the night of Odin Lloyds murder. He didn't even clear the recordings on his own home camera system, which is really what allowed the prosecution to build the timeline and case. Hell, there were keys to a car rented by Hernandez in Odin Lloyd's jacket when they found the body. The CTE makes sense given how ridiculous and poorly thought out the whole thing was.

$40m contract and a baby daughter...and he threw it all away to kill his future brother in law...what the fuck

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I watched the first 2 part documentary on Hernandez when it came out, and the only thing that shocked me is how foolishly he handled things the night of Odin Lloyds murder. He didn't even clear the recordings on his own home camera system, which is really what allowed the prosecution to build the timeline and case. Hell, there were keys to a car rented by Hernandez in Odin Lloyd's jacket when they found the body. The CTE makes sense given how ridiculous and poorly thought out the whole thing was.

$40m contract and a baby daughter...and he threw it all away to kill his future brother in law...what the fuck

Never mind the .45 spent shells in the rental car.

It was almost like he wanted to get caught. He destroyed some evidence, but left blatant other stuff he knew they would find.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Very good watch. I give the documentary credit for at least exploring his side and trying to shed light on why he did what he did. Less of excuse making and more trying to build the case of what was going on in his head throughout his life.

The crazy thing is, if he hired Jose Baez for the Odin Lloyd case, he might have actually gotten off. That dude is something else.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Very good watch. I give the documentary credit for at least exploring his side and trying to shed light on why he did what he did. Less of excuse making and more trying to build the case of what was going on in his head throughout his life.

The crazy thing is, if he hired Jose Baez for the Odin Lloyd case, he might have actually gotten off. That dude is something else.

Idk about that. The double murder all they had on him was the car, I don’t think any proof he was the shooter. Plus the testimony said he was enraged when he left the club, but camera footage shows him laughing and smiling, making the witness not credible.

The other murder it was a lot more difficult given all the evidence

Reactions: PJx5x

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Idk about that. The double murder all they had on him was the car, I don’t think any proof he was the shooter. Plus the testimony said he was enraged when he left the club, but camera footage shows him laughing and smiling, making the witness not credible.

The other murder it was a lot more difficult given all the evidence
The evidence just shows that he was there. There isn't a real motive. Baez probably would have had the same strategy as "it was the other guys that shot him." It's plausible.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
The evidence just shows that he was there. There isn't a real motive. Baez probably would have had the same strategy as "it was the other guys that shot him." It's plausible.

Issue was the rental car was registered to him, the gun was registered to him, and then after he was seen walking around his house holding a gun shaped item. And then told his fiancé where it was possibly stashed to get rid of it. It was just all so weird.

Also especially weird he didn’t delete any of those recordings and let them find them. Again. I think he wanted to get caught

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
The wife and I binged it all Friday night, it was great! I knew some of the story when it happened, but never realized there were two trials. I remembered he was accused of murdering someone, but then had it mixed up and thought he got off. No idea he was killin people, and shooting people like a gang banger. Also never knew anything about his sexuality at all.

It was a fucked up story, and a good show for sure.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Issue was the rental car was registered to him, the gun was registered to him, and then after he was seen walking around his house holding a gun shaped item. And then told his fiancé where it was possibly stashed to get rid of it. It was just all so weird.

Also especially weird he didn’t delete any of those recordings and let them find them. Again. I think he wanted to get caught

They never argued that he wasn't present at the other shooting either. All he had to do was make it reasonable to seem like the other guys were the actual shooters. At least get a lesser than Murder 1 and life in prison. Not saying he did or didn't do it, that's something that only the people involved will know. Just saying, after watching that 2nd trial, not getting life in prison was definitely a possibility for the 1st with that same lawyer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info