Netflix Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
One part that I thought was fishy;

- Hernandez kills himself
- Being in appeals, his conviction dismissed due to abatement law
- NE Patriots may then have to pay portions / all of Hernandez contract to his estate
- State of Mass is influenced to dissolve abatement law
- Hernandez conviction overturned (finding him guilty again instead of being grandfathered in)
- NE Patriots walk away from any financial responsibilities

If the law wasn't overturned the Patriots would have fought tooth in nail in court to not have to pay out that contract. Also who knows what clauses were in that contract that would have not allowed full disbursement. It is quite possible the Patriots saw a lower financial cost in incentifying Oden's mom to lead a charge to pull the law off of the books and lining the pockets of some lawmakers to push it through. No doubt the team has a ton of clout in the state.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
If the law wasn't overturned the Patriots would have fought tooth in nail in court to not have to pay out that contract. Also who knows what clauses were in that contract that would have not allowed full disbursement. It is quite possible the Patriots saw a lower financial cost in incentifying Oden's mom to lead a charge to pull the law off of the books and lining the pockets of some lawmakers to push it through. No doubt the team has a ton of clout in the state.

What the Patriots would do to prevent pay out through legal means is not material (I.e., them fighting it via the courts).

I do question if there was any influence, and the overturning of the ruling due to a law change (lack of grandfathering)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info