• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Killer Chiller

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
in my experience, the KC isnt up to the hype.. dont get me wrong, it helps a BIT, but not as much as people hope... also, e85 fuel seems to make the motor run cooler, so you do see a slight benefit to the IAT's... again, just from my experience

All I am after is to be able to drive the car as it was intended to be in the hot summer months.
Translation: If I can keep my IAT's below 130 Ill be a happy camper.

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
This is why I think a KC type system needs to be adapted to the CAI side and not to the IC. I figured out how to keep condensation out of the CAI track and even came up with a drip design using a one way check valve. I still have alot of work to do on it though

I guess I'm gonna be the first to invest in making it work

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
This is why I think a KC type system needs to be adapted to the CAI side and not to the IC. I figured out how to keep condensation out of the CAI track and even came up with a drip design using a one way check valve. I still have alot of work to do on it though

I guess I'm gonna be the first to invest in making it work

I wouldnt waste your time or money.

A: It would only work on the CAI side of a NA Marauder. Marginal gains if any would be noticed

B: If you are not cooling down the IC fluid on a SC car, why bother at all?
Lowering the 'ambient' air temp on a SC car will only go so far. The entire point of the KC is to eliminate heat soak, which would most definitely not be accomplished with the methid you are proposing.

Sorry for disagreeing, just my .02

musclemerc

Addict
Jan 6, 2010
I wouldnt waste your time or money.

A: It would only work on the CAI side of a NA Marauder. Marginal gains if any would be noticed

B: If you are not cooling down the IC fluid on a SC car, why bother at all?
Lowering the 'ambient' air temp on a SC car will only go so far. The entire point of the KC is to eliminate heat soak, which would most definitely not be accomplished with the methid you are proposing.

Sorry for disagreeing, just my .02

This is how great ideas are born, diffrent opinions. ;)

Not all Whipple/Eaton Swaps have to run a PS CAI. The guy that started this thread is and has always run a DS CAI without any issues.

I will continue my research and come up with a solution for this one day. Sometimes the answer to a problem is starring you right in the face :)

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
This is how great ideas are born, diffrent opinions. ;)

Not all Whipple/Eaton Swaps have to run a PS CAI. The guy that started this thread is and has always run a DS CAI without any issues.

I will continue my research and come up with a solution for this one day. Sometimes the answer to a problem is starring you right in the face :)

Im not gonna stop you from trying, but dont come crying when your pockets are empty with no good results!

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Think of it this way:
If you had 40 degree air entering the intake tube, passing through a...lets say 150 degree intake tract, then to a 180 degree blower.

Blower compresses that air and heats it up, then it passes through the most ideal IC temp of ambient, lets say 90 degrees.

....y'all can do that math because I already know it aint the temp you want to see.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Why even do any of this at all? Last week I never overheated during city driving. I had on my A/C too. Just keep the radiator clean. That's all you guys have to do!

100 degree temperature + 550 horsepower Marauder / clean radiator = working car

Dominick, stay the fuck out of this thread.
You obviously dont know what the hell we are talking about.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info