šŸ„ Health Keto - Who is doing it? Who has comments or questions?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
So there is an oat version of the noodles? I'll have to research.

Thailand I'd think is easier for keto than the US, the food there was so amazing.

shiritaki is also konjac

they have more carbs if you care. i don't understand how they are labeled as 0 calories though. they don't seem to meet the critieria for being close enough (5 cal per serving) - my 200g bag is 50, these guys are selling 250g bags.

My taste buds seem to have opened up since I went on Keto. I find foods that I thought were blah to be very tasty now. Way more nuances in the flavors.

I had plateau'ed at 214.8 for a few days so I cut down the fat a bit. Now down another pound. 213.0. Amy says she can see my stomach is shrinking.

i think your tastebuds have a rapid turnover rate vs. many others? and that they change over time too. in any case you may simply be observing the effects of reduced sugar intake?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I actually never eat much sugar so, maybe the carbs had an impact on taste? Regardless, I have been finding simply seasoned foods to be very tasty lately. I'm looking forward to some bacon and an omelette in a couple hours. Maybe a bunless cheeseburger and some spinach later for dinner.

it's in like everything though, so if you've made a much more conscious effort at carb restriction now i would suspect you've had to lower overall sugar intake as a result.

i just did 2 weeks full of nightly dinners of a triple cheeseburger where i only tossed the bottom bun, although, seems my overall burn/consumption numbers were a bit off checking the scale today. so i think i'll be going back to doubles :unsure:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
My A1C is down to 6.6. Haven't had it that low in a decade. I wonder how low I can get it? 6.4 is classified as not being a diabetic.

My son is a chef and made dinner for the family tonight. Boom boom shrimp and Chicken Milanese. Unfortunately, they're not Keto so I couldn't eat it. I did have one shrimp with a small bit of sauce just to try it. Really good. Hope it doesn't knock me out of ketosis. the kid is getting good at cooking.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
If you guys are diabetics, I strongly recommend checking out Dr. Ergin's SugarMD channel on youtube. I have been watching his videos lately and I am impressed with his knowledge on the topic. He seems to be much better informed than many endocrinologists I have visited over the years.

Reactions: blue-sun

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Down to 211 lbs. 14 lbs. in the first month. Still feeling good. Sometimes a bit dehydrated. I have upped my water consumption and added Smart Water to my diet.

We went out with friends and family to the Daiquiri Deck in Venice and it was mildly difficult to watch them eating and drinking good stuff while I had water with lemon. Won't do that often. Makes me want to cheat. Afterwards, we walked a couple miles down to the beach and back which gave a nice boost to my activity levels for the day.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
6296673D-BEE5-4A59-9C6F-874CFD8F986E.png

• Haha
Reactions: Yaj Yak

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
14 lbs. weight loss in a month with a diet backed by several online doctors is in disagreement with that opinion.

every diet will work that reduces caloric intake below maintenance for your body and activities, it is just simple math. how much you lose of fat vs. muscle vs. water, what happens to your blood/hormones/etc/etc as well as if the diet is sustainable among other things are the big differences.

you are not even reading the statement made correctly, it doesn't say you can't lose weight. the actual statement is high fat/low carb diets aren't more beneficial for fat loss. your response is "nuh uh, it had an effect on weight loss!"

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I'm trying to share "Keto" information in a positive manner in this thread. It's purpose is to give out information and to positively support people, not to tear them down. It's not a political argument thread.

If you guys have had experiences with other diets, please start new threads on them so we can learn.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info