šŸ„ Health Keto - Who is doing it? Who has comments or questions?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
K21Qfu9.jpg

Rico

Addict
TCG Sponsor
Nov 25, 2020
I did it at the beginning of 2020 for 3 months and lost 30 lbs. Went from 225 to 195. The first week was rough because you do feel those flu like symptoms and I would wake up in the middle of the night starving. I usually would go downstairs and eat some lunch meat.
After that its really not that bad. I do miss cookies and real pizza from time to time but you can still eat plenty of meat, cheese, vegetables. Alcohol was hard for me to drop all of my craft beers. I usually drink Daytime IPA by Lagunitas or make manhattans without the vermuth. Cant let my bourbon collection go to waste!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Yeah, I read labels at the store and put most of the stuff back. My BP was 106 over 70 this morning and that's without any BP pills. Just don't need them anymore. This clean eating actually does good things.

Tomorrow I'm having people over and making a Michelin restaurant shrimp salad recipe. It's dirty Keto since it has a soy, truffle dressing as well as a Buerre Blanc sauce on the shrimp. The contrast between the dressing and sauce is supposed to be exceptional so I'm cheating with it. Still, it's mostly salad and shrimp.

Reactions: b00sted

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i'm in mass gainer mode now. if there was a world record for most burgers tried in the shortest amount of time, i've already set it and will still be breaking it for weeks. a nice option one place i found was a keto bun though. my gut is definitely getting softer. i'll fix this later after i'm done lol. should really go to the gym more to at least try and funnel some of those calories into muscles but i've been lazy.

• Haha
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I didn't check my weight for almost a week. Weighed myself this morning and I'm down to 181 Lbs. That's a 44 Lb. loss so far! I have been eating soups and salad last few days. Asked Amy to bring home pizza ingredients for a Keto pizza tonight. Time for a reward for quickly dropping the last few pounds. I am going to start reading up on Keto maintenance plans since I am within 5 Lbs. of my finishing weight.

Reactions: b00sted

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Studying up on Keto maintenance and there is a lot of confusion and differing thoughts on how to do it. Some people say you can't. It's on Keto or off Keto. Others say you need to keep eating healthy and only add healthy carbs like berries and nuts. Still others say you can fast on alternate days to slowly come off Keto or stay in Keto while enjoying carbs every other day. Sounds like I have a lot more research to do.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I have been getting hungrier lately than I was during most of the diet. Hungry in the mornings and evenings. I think it's probably because I have burned through most of my fat and my body is finding less of it to convert into fuel. Definitely almost time to start eating more food. 5-6 more Lbs. max loss and then I'm increasing my food intake. 175 sounds like a good number. That would be a total of 50 Lbs. lost on Keto.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Studying up on Keto maintenance and there is a lot of confusion and differing thoughts on how to do it. Some people say you can't. It's on Keto or off Keto. Others say you need to keep eating healthy and only add healthy carbs like berries and nuts. Still others say you can fast on alternate days to slowly come off Keto or stay in Keto while enjoying carbs every other day. Sounds like I have a lot more research to do.

My buddy did it by slowly reintroducing good carbs into his diet and finding an equilibrium where the carbs/calories he eats maintains his current weight. I guess it's more of a paleo diet now, where he's eating something like 80g of carbs a day, but staying away from all the processed shit.

He's not a diabetic though. You may need to keep the carb count lower in order to keep everything on the up and up.

Reactions: Flyn

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I'm sort of thinking I may develop a relatively low carb diet using portion control. Have 1 piece of bread instead of 2. Have a little bit of rice instead of a bowl full. That may work for me.

Having half a 12" Keto pizza last night and the other half this morning has me feeling like crap. Too much food at once.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
moderation is a component of any diet whether losing weight or maintaining it.

i'm not tracking anything now, but upon my burger completion, i'll probably go more anal about tracking than i did the last time i tracked what i ate. last time i did it by macros, this time i also plan to include protein amino acids (which is probably not worth doing unless someone is a vegan, but i'm curious to see what values i have and how much excess as it is arguably negative for aging/longevity) and include micronutrients as well (which i'm sure i have various deficiencies in due to lack of large enough veg/fruit intake).

if i get really inspired i might work on turning my efforts into an app. afaik no app tracks this, although i haven't actually looked, and this is also in part due to people not being this anal about tracking things. although arguably they might if easy enough for an app to do it for them.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I had another plateau at 181 and just dropped to 180 lbs. today. Each pound is tougher now. I definitely am feeling more hunger pangs than I did previously. They're not unbeatable, just annoying. My body is telling me it wants more food and fighting to keep the last few lbs. of fat.

A couple who are friends of our says they are going to go on Keto. They are cooking for us tonight. Asked us to bring a Keto dessert. I made some chocolate and regular whipped cream and will make a parfait with a couple blueberries on top. Then, when they are about to eat it, I will crush their dreams by telling them desserts aren't really a good thing on a Keto, low calorie diet. ?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
1 lb is kind of pointless to make any effort or goal around. you are probably 10x better off calling mission accomplished now and eating a more 'normal' diet where you are not hungry, and using up some calories to either build additional muscle or just get some extra exercise in while enjoying eating more.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
losing another 1lb is not going to pull it from your stomach though, it's just going to pull it from everywhere. your stomach fat is also made up of stuff between your muscles and skin (not necessarily bad) as well as fat underneath those muscles and by the rest of your guts (the bad kind) - either way, moving the scale 1 lb is not going to really make any meaningful difference. also your guts take up plenty of space anyway. when i got my dexa scan, i was expecting to have a higher overall body fat % and thought i'd have a fair amount of that subcutaneous bad gut fat. the reality was my overall amount was lower than expected and my subcutaneous was really low, as in virtually nothing more to lose (and absolutely none worth trying) - despite this, i could easily relax myself side view in the mirror and look and be like ooh boy, plenty of gut fat to lose here. but i could also flex and have decent abs and everything. cuz the reality is what i thought was gut fat was actually just plenty of normal guts lol.

Thread Info