šŸ„ Health Keto - Who is doing it? Who has comments or questions?

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
Good deal Mike.

I've been trying to figure out the best routine for me for 20 years. I'm older than most of you, 56. You would not believe how much your metabolism slows down by this age. The old joke is as we get older our weight increases a lb a year... I think for some of my friends it's more like 2-3 lbs. I have a bunch of friends who are 275-325 lbs, a lot of car guys are in lousy shape.

Rambling aloud, 16:8 IF totally works for me as a daily routine. Lunch around 12-1, dinner around 7. Without any cardio I can get around 215 doing this day after day (6 feet tall). But to get back into the 2005 range I had to do carnivore, or at last very meat biased Keto.

Years ago I did WW and I hated it. Honestly my preference is ketovore, mostly meat and some vegetables but cooking for a household of 4 that's easier said than done with my kids want pasta and crap like that.

Good thing about food choices these days there is a huge uptick zero sugar / low sugar options. Breads, sauces, drinks, all that stuff.

Reactions: b00sted

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
One thing I like with Keto is the appetite suppression. I normally have a lot of huge meals, while on keto for me at least, its super easy to stay at a calorie deficit along with the obvious "keto" effects on weight loss. I monitor with the strips and it seems like for my body the levels are the highest in the evenings for me.

Yeah that's the best part. I don't even start feeling hungry until 12-1pm typically. By dinner time, I'm usually not even feeling hungry yet, but have to eat just to make sure I'm eating enough calories.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Good deal Mike.

I've been trying to figure out the best routine for me for 20 years. I'm older than most of you, 56. You would not believe how much your metabolism slows down by this age. The old joke is as we get older our weight increases a lb a year... I think for some of my friends it's more like 2-3 lbs. I have a bunch of friends who are 275-325 lbs, a lot of car guys are in lousy shape.
iirc this isn't nearly as much as you think, and it's more like 60 (for most people) where actual metabolism slows down - what you probably actually have slowed down is your physical activity in general as you aged. so the same eating habits you did before didn't make you fatter, but now cause you to add a pound, because you're probably doing less shit overall. this is all the more reason to add on more muscle though, so even being lazy you'll burn more calories.

Rambling aloud, 16:8 IF totally works for me as a daily routine. Lunch around 12-1, dinner around 7. Without any cardio I can get around 215 doing this day after day (6 feet tall). But to get back into the 2005 range I had to do carnivore, or at last very meat biased Keto.

Years ago I did WW and I hated it. Honestly my preference is ketovore, mostly meat and some vegetables but cooking for a household of 4 that's easier said than done with my kids want pasta and crap like that.
i don't like ww as the system seems silly to me. you can get fat eating 0 point foods on it for example. like if you're going to count things, at least count and measure things that are definitely valuable. fyi for pasta you could try protein pasta. like it's definitely not the same, but it's pretty decent, especially if you have meatballs and a good sauce anyway.

Good thing about food choices these days there is a huge uptick zero sugar / low sugar options. Breads, sauces, drinks, all that stuff.
i have found some of the lower calorie stuff to be worth the few calories, eg. pancake syrup at like 10 a serving is better for you than 130 a serving, but that extra 10 usually makes it a lot better than the stuff that is 0. in thailand and especially on a small island i can't get some things like different bread types (not even too big a thing at all here to start) or more specialty dairy. like at home i could make pretty solid macro protein pizza, it's not even worth me trying to make here for several reasons, one is i can't get 0% fat cheese i think at all. maybe in bkk or phuket for a ton of money. i'd also make a protein cheesecake if back in the states but i can't get that low of fat of cream cheese here, in fact getting cream cheese period is not even an easy thing for me. it's nice that you have all this stuff available to you though, plus solid recipes. felu is in germany, this guy nick is from chicago but i think moved to austin, e4cm exercise for cheat meals, he also has a bunch of good high protein low calorie meals. both of these guys have cookbooks too. if you plan it out and cook yourself, you can eat lots of good stuff and still lose weight and hit every craving you have anyway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info