Keto - low carb - low sugar

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
its funny I had switched to a new doc, never met in my life after being on keto for a year. I was really anxious to get test results and expected him to flat out tell me to stop and i'm going to die.... just like everyone else already did :rofl:.

Nope, dude also was 100% onboard, follows a ketogenic diet and swears by it, does triathlons, ironman competitions LOL

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Im doing 20/4 right now....
Thats rough, I'd rather do 5/2 which isnt that hard if you like black coffee. I prefer the 16/8 and occasionally I'll switch it up and do 5/2. When doing 5/2 I eat a decent size dinner by 6pm. Drink 2-3 cups of black coffee throughout the following day and goes by pretty quickly.

For you Keto guys, are you going to do Keto the rest of your life? I'm willing to bet once you go back to carbs your going to put everything back on and then some.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Thats rough, I'd rather do 5/2 which isnt that hard if you like black coffee. I prefer the 16/8 and occasionally I'll switch it up and do 5/2. When doing 5/2 I eat a decent size dinner by 6pm. Drink 2-3 cups of black coffee throughout the following day and goes by pretty quickly.

For you Keto guys, are you going to do Keto the rest of your life? I'm willing to bet once you go back to carbs your going to put everything back on and then some.

Whats 5/2? Like 5 days a week two days off?

I do 20 hours fasting, 4 hour eating window......

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I'm not on keto and dont plan on it :rofl:

Learning how the body works with food is more important. Following a diet is easy mode in my opinion. Being able to eat what you want and still see positive changes is better, but you need to learn more about food raw ingredients and what they do to the body and how it reacts to your own body.

Everyone is different, no matter how much they try to cram "everyone is equal" down your throat. Equal rights, yes. Equal body/genetics/biology...Never. Even in twins.

Everyone is unique.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
in a good ketosis I could easily go 2 full days with just black coffee or unsweetened ice tea. As for keto for life.. we'll see, but its getting easier as the market and restaurants are adapting. I am definitely more conscious of what I eat/drink now. The other benefit to ketosis is mental clarity and focus. Your brain likes ketones for energy.

I did go back to all carbs over the holidays. Right off the bat you'll gain 5-10 in water but as long as your not stupid and go back to old habits then it shouldn't be an issue. But not everyone is the same. The thought of gaining all that weight I lost back (by eating FAT :rofl:) and buying new clothes I got rid helps keep me in check too.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
I was in ketosis for weeks before a check up with my doc where I had blood work done, and all my blood work came back excellent.

From what I understand, diet and weightloss in general leads to higher overall cholesterol levels, however the hdl/ldl ratio will be significantly better. So it's a net positive and most doctors are happy with it.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010

If you go back to your shitty old diet, you'll go back to your old weight. Just like with any diet.

Use keto to get to the goal weight, and then slowly reintroduce carbs and find the balance that lets you maintain.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Keto is no carb no sugar. Not low. You need to eliminate all carbs and sugars. Ignore that fake net carb garbage if you want to do it right.

Yeah but you still can eat a negligible amount of carbs. A serving of broccoli has a 3-4g carbs in it. The word "keto" has been misconstrued for profit, there is a lot of junk and crap out there labeled "keto". The end goal is switching your body from glycogen to ketones for energy. I stayed under <25g net carbs/day and tested pee for ketosis regularly. Fiber is also a carb but doesn't count, so you have net carbs.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Yeah but you still can eat a negligible amount of carbs. A serving of broccoli has a 3-4g carbs in it. The word "keto" has been misconstrued for profit, there is a lot of junk and crap out there labeled "keto". The end goal is switching your body from glycogen to ketones for energy. I stayed under <25g net carbs/day and tested pee for ketosis regularly. Fiber is also a carb but doesn't count, so you have net carbs.

I always kept it at zero if all possible. I lost 56lbs over the course of three months in 2017. Kept most of it off. Going for another round of keto right now. I only eat chicken, bacon, eggs, sausage and limited greens. Tons of water and coke zero to kill the soda need. Other than that, some exercise. Mostly walking and cardio. The wife is hot on keto too. She lost 15 down from 135 to 120. Shes 5'7" though and I think shes done.

Reactions: radioguy6

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I always kept it at zero if all possible. I lost 56lbs over the course of three months in 2017. Kept most of it off. Going for another round of keto right now. I only eat chicken, bacon, eggs, sausage and limited greens. Tons of water and coke zero to kill the soda need. Other than that, some exercise. Mostly walking and cardio. The wife is hot on keto too. She lost 15 down from 135 to 120. Shes 5'7" though and I think shes done.

good for you and the wife. A true ketogenic diet is low carb, high fat, moderate protein. It is really difficult to stay at 0, those eggs and greens do have a negligible naturally occurring amount.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium

Once I’m down to my target weight, I plan to incorporate keto in some ways for as long as I can, low carbs and sugar moving forward with out starving myself. Low amounts of both are not bad, it about the amount you consume.

As for now I dont miss much on the carbs side as I can substitute carbs as in cauliflower rice, and bypass when needed as in bunless burger.

sugar now is my hard one to break away from as I have a sweet tooth and been making some sacrifices but it will be worth it.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Once I’m down to my target weight, I plan to incorporate keto in some ways for as long as I can, low carbs and sugar moving forward with out starving myself. Low amounts of both are not bad, it about the amount you consume.

As for now I dont miss much on the carbs side as I can substitute carbs as in cauliflower rice, and bypass when needed as in bunless burger.

sugar now is my hard one to break away from as I have a sweet tooth and been making some sacrifices but it will be worth it.
I'm cutting as well, but using I.F. and just watching my carb intake. I eat cauliflower rice as well. Tonight the Wife cooked buffalo cauliflower bites in air fryer. Pretty damn good as its the first time we had those

Reactions: frank
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info