• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Kenne Bell vs. Whipple

04CobraMarine

Apr 20, 2009
So tax season is upon us and I figured I'd put some of my return into a new SC. I'm stuck between wether to go with the Kenne Bell 2.6 or go with a Whipple. I've heard good things about both and just figured I'd get your guys opinion on it. Doesn't the Whipple require an aftermarket hood? I'm not really wanting to do that, so I'm leaning more towards the KB. Any input would be appriciated.

04CobraMarine

Apr 20, 2009
I'm looking to get to about 650 RWHP. I mainly just drive on the street, but go to the track a couple times a year. I just have minor bolt ons right now. Magnaflow catback, BBK X pipe and LT headers, JLT CAI, Accufab TB and plennum. The guy that had the car before me also changed out the pullys. I'm not sure if he had a tune done to it or not. Is there a way I can find out if there is a tune?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
So tax season is upon us and I figured I'd put some of my return into a new SC. I'm stuck between wether to go with the Kenne Bell 2.6 or go with a Whipple. I've heard good things about both and just figured I'd get your guys opinion on it. Doesn't the Whipple require an aftermarket hood? I'm not really wanting to do that, so I'm leaning more towards the KB. Any input would be appriciated.

pretty much the same blower with similar gains.

Kb will give you that wicked whine

whipple is silent but from what I saw they typically throw down 15-20 ftlb More than the kb

Don't waste your money on a kb 2.6 it really won't get you much more than a 2.2 will! Get a 2.8h if you wanna run more than 25psi. If not save your self some money get a whipple 2.3 or a kb 2.2 with full exhaust supporting mods you can achieve around 650rwhp on around 22-23psi.

There are plenty of them out for sale dirt cheap. Look in the for sale section there is a 2.2 kb there right now.

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
yeah with the 3.4 Whipple you can either cut some of the bracing under the hood or put 1/2 inch spacers between the frame and the k member. I just cut the under side of the hood. Not really too noticeable unless your looking for it. plus I don't lift my hood for any one any ways.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info