Kenne Bell vs. Whipple

04CobraMarine

Reaction score
So tax season is upon us and I figured I'd put some of my return into a new SC. I'm stuck between wether to go with the Kenne Bell 2.6 or go with a Whipple. I've heard good things about both and just figured I'd get your guys opinion on it. Doesn't the Whipple require an aftermarket hood? I'm not really wanting to do that, so I'm leaning more towards the KB. Any input would be appriciated.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Reaction score
what are you goals?? thats the first question that needs to be asked

OP

04CobraMarine

Reaction score
I'm looking to get to about 650 RWHP. I mainly just drive on the street, but go to the track a couple times a year. I just have minor bolt ons right now. Magnaflow catback, BBK X pipe and LT headers, JLT CAI, Accufab TB and plennum. The guy that had the car before me also changed out the pullys. I'm not sure if he had a tune done to it or not. Is there a way I can find out if there is a tune?

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Reaction score
Just get a whipple 2.3 and supporting mods and call it done.
You will make about 600ish rwhp which is plenty for a street warrior.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Reaction score
I have a KB 2.8, supporting mods, maybe we can work out cash and trade, we swap.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Reaction score
So tax season is upon us and I figured I'd put some of my return into a new SC. I'm stuck between wether to go with the Kenne Bell 2.6 or go with a Whipple. I've heard good things about both and just figured I'd get your guys opinion on it. Doesn't the Whipple require an aftermarket hood? I'm not really wanting to do that, so I'm leaning more towards the KB. Any input would be appriciated.
pretty much the same blower with similar gains.

Kb will give you that wicked whine

whipple is silent but from what I saw they typically throw down 15-20 ftlb More than the kb

Don't waste your money on a kb 2.6 it really won't get you much more than a 2.2 will! Get a 2.8h if you wanna run more than 25psi. If not save your self some money get a whipple 2.3 or a kb 2.2 with full exhaust supporting mods you can achieve around 650rwhp on around 22-23psi.

There are plenty of them out for sale dirt cheap. Look in the for sale section there is a 2.2 kb there right now.

OP

04CobraMarine

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. So is it true that with the Whipple, u have to get a cowl hood or cut into the stock hood? I was reading that on another site, but some guys were saying that it would fit under the stock hood.

vadorsnake04

Reaction score
whipple 2.3 fits under hood, but on the 3.4 if you wanna run lower boost level's then you have to cut a notch in the hood IIRC

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Reaction score
yeah with the 3.4 Whipple you can either cut some of the bracing under the hood or put 1/2 inch spacers between the frame and the k member. I just cut the under side of the hood. Not really too noticeable unless your looking for it. plus I don't lift my hood for any one any ways.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Reaction score
whipple 2.3 is the way to go.. if vortech gets there 2.3 out soon, that would work well too.. i have made over 700rwhp with a whipple 2.3 on a cobra... at 625-650, that would keep it in its sweet spot!

email if we can help!

thanks bob

ITLLOWNU

oh hai!
Reaction score
either brand makes a great blower but i prefer the whipple

and mine screams but its prolly cause im at 23psi:lmao:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom